Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Lakme, I knew I knew it!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 17:48

I learned from the Amarok Mailing List ( I lurk a little,but understand nothing of the technical talk!!;), that Lakme was used in a British Airways ad on UK television a little while ago. Oddly enough at the time I was drawn to the music as it seemed familiar & then hearing Shade I kept getting this feeling of deja vu - I knew this music. Now I know why! And even better, it's from Mike!!. I love it so much, it has one of the very best endings around. It reminds me of Bach somehow.

So much of L & S has bits that remind me not only of other Oldfield pieces but of all kinds of music and times and feelings. I think that this is what happens as you get older - things begin to connect more through experiences and memories. Maybe it is music that is the fourth dimension?

And btw I have played L&S pretty much constantly at work over the last two days (ignoring everyone wherever possible ) and I really, really am growing to love it's complexity and depth. And a double album, well , all I can say is WOW.

Feel a bit sorry for those of you who are still waiting for your copy to arrive, it must be so frustrating. Hopefully not too long now. But anyway, it will be worth the wait, I promise!

bee :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 17:56

Lakme is based on a opera of the same name,afaik.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Sep. 28 2005, 17:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net