Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Kevin Ayres on the radio.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 24 2008, 14:07

Just a quick note to see of anyone was listening to BBC Radio 2 last night?Stuart Maconi (i'm sure that's the wrong spelling)had a little feature on Kevin Ayres.
 I dunno about you guys but i got into him cos of MO but fell in love with his stuff and it was so unusual to hear him even mentioned on the radio let alone his songs.Unfortunately he didn't play a track with Mike but he did play Town Feeling from Joy Of A Toy and a single from 1974 the name of which escapes me.There's a box set of his work from '68-'80 which was mentioned which has either been released or is about to be released which i may have to investigate.There's something about his vocal tone and delivery that i love.
Just thought i'd share that with you.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Zeeter Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2008, 17:37

Town Feeling along with Song for Insane Times are my favourite Kevin Ayers songs. Whenever I get agoraphobic or feel a little lost I can listen to those songs, and they get me plugged right back in again, every time - I know just where I belong.  

-z-                                                         :zzz:
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2008, 16:58

The whole of Joy Of A Toy is a really nice album.Including the most awfull leed guitar on the song about Clarietta ridinG round on her Lambretta (the title escapes me).Town feeling is very special though.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Sep. 24 2008, 14:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net