Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: K Ayers Show - soon!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 09 2002, 05:56

Kevin is due to play a show at The Borderline soon..
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 09 2002, 15:37

I saw Kevin Ayres play recently at the Canterbury Rock Festival during the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of August. He was second on the bill on the first day of a brilliant 3 day festival!

He played some new stuff but it was the old stuff that cheered the crowd up during the only rain we had all weekend! 'Stranger in Blue Suede Shoes' and 'Everyone's Sometime and Somebody's All the Time Blues' (unfortunately the guitarists solo was not a patch on Mike's on the original recording from 'The Confessions of Dr Dream and other stories';) went down a storm. Even his daughter (complete with American accent came on stage and played one of her own songs - she's a good guitarist too!

It would have been great to see the Whole World Band on stage with him (Mike Oldfield, Dave Bedford and Lol Coxhill) but I guess that was expecting a bit too much. I was hoping he may play 'Flying Start' but it didn't happen. Still a great gig though...

Cheers,

T4

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
1 replies since Sep. 09 2002, 05:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net