Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Just wanna say hello, May I introduce myself?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Nezzico Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 20 2012, 02:01

Hi there,

my name is Heiner and i live in Cologne, Germany: Now, its a hard fact, that I'm 47 years old ;) and so Mike Oldfield was a special hero in my younger days. My brother bought QE2 and Five Miles out in the early eighties, and as I listen to it, it was a special musical experience, which hasn't to do with other pop music. 1983, I bought my first Oldfield album on my own. It sounds funny, but the song Moonlight shadow has a special meening to me: while my life in these years hasnt alwalys been easy - the lovely voice of Maggie had bring me some light, where nothing else could reach me - sound curious but that was true. The album Crisis stands also for my personal difficulties, Mike as a musician with his personal problems seems to fit to my life. After Crises, i started to buy the older and deeper stuff, and music like Ommadawn become a very special meening to me.

What I learned from Mike is, that I have to keep my ears open for everey kind of musical direction, for the "unusual" things and to be open for musical "surprises".

Now - somes decades later, Mikes music isnt a thing for every day or week listen any longer. The years have teached us, that we dont have to wait for anything great stuff every year / decade ... , but there is still a silent hope and some hysterical exitement  :D , when Mike talks about new projects .  I loved Music of the Speres as a special work and surprise after these chill out tracks.  Mike has done so much stuff, so many studio works, much more than the most other music heros, and I have to be so thankful for all this joy in my life. Thank you Mike!

Nice to be here! Hello to all the other "Oldies"
:D
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2012, 07:43

Hello Heiner and welcome aboard. It's a hard fact that I'm 51 years old. Yes Mike O. is a composer that history will remember for a long time.....all those records I first got on vinyl......fine days. Have fun, Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2012, 07:54

Hi and welcome here!

There is another big fan from Cologne here. His nickname is manintherain and he is maybe the greatest among us!

;)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Nezzico Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2012, 00:42

Thank you for your welcome :-)

One question: is there any chance to get away this silly '?' before the 'hello' in my thread title? Dont know how to do this! Isn't it enough, that other people grin about my 'personal kind of english'  :/
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 25 2012, 02:47

Quote (Nezzico @ Nov. 25 2012, 04:42)
One question: is there any chance to get away this silly '?' before the 'hello' in my thread title?

*Waves magic admin wand* (no, that's not a euphemism). I think that's done the trick!

Welcome to the forums, it's good to have you here! I hope you'll enjoy it here :)
Profile PM 
Nezzico Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2012, 06:58

Thank you!!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Dec. 07 2012, 20:38

Welcome, welcome! :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
6 replies since Nov. 20 2012, 02:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net