Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Just got it!, at last< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 05 2008, 16:06

...and I'm enjoying it thoroughly so far. (I'm on track 2). It's sort of repetitive but it's still enjoyable to my ears. The melodies are very nice and remind me of Hergest Ridge to a degree, which is a welcome return to roots. The progressions are very interesting and some remind me of some of his 80s works with a little Voyager and Millennium Bell thrown in.

Quite nice. Me likes!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Bassman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 05 2008, 21:41

Jolly good, old man!

PS:  Freakin' hot in the city today, ain't it?

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 07 2008, 15:02

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ July 05 2008, 16:06)
...and I'm enjoying it thoroughly so far. (I'm on track 2). It's sort of repetitive but it's still enjoyable to my ears. The melodies are very nice and remind me of Hergest Ridge to a degree, which is a welcome return to roots. The progressions are very interesting and some remind me of some of his 80s works with a little Voyager and Millennium Bell thrown in.

Quite nice. Me likes!

I'd just assumed that everyone here at Tubular.net already had a copy of MOTS. Were you in traction for three months, or observing Alaskan Grizzlies, perhaps? In any case, I'm glad to hear you've now got it, and are enjoying it, MusicallyInspired. Will you let us know what your favorite moments are?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 09 2008, 11:49

I hadn't the money to get it until now :(. And even still I probably shouldn't have gotten it. But now I have.

I enjoyed the whole piece. But some of my favourite tracks would probably be Shabda, The Tempest, Aurora, and Empyrean.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 15:28

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ July 09 2008, 11:49)
I hadn't the money to get it until now :(. And even still I probably shouldn't have gotten it. But now I have.

I enjoyed the whole piece. But some of my favourite tracks would probably be Shabda, The Tempest, Aurora, and Empyrean.

Oh, I know that dilemma. I plan to wait a bit before getting the new DVD/CD edition of the Art In Heaven concert. Sometimes the temptation to complete my MO collection overrides good sense, though. Like when I'm at the supermarket and think 'To heck with self-deprivation!' and go ahead and buy that coconut cream pie instead of laundry detergent.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: July 10 2008, 08:03

...and I'm enjoying it thoroughly so far. (I'm on track 2).

Just wait until you reach 2nd movement (8-14)...! It is do f-----g great, his best ever!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 10 2008, 18:06

Quote (Sweetpea @ July 09 2008, 19:28)
Quote (MusicallyInspired @ July 09 2008, 11:49)

Oh, I know that dilemma. I plan to wait a bit before getting the new DVD/CD edition of the Art In Heaven concert. Sometimes the temptation to complete my MO collection overrides good sense, though. Like when I'm at the supermarket and think 'To heck with self-deprivation!' and go ahead and buy that coconut cream pie instead of laundry detergent.

Me too, it was following a laparoscopy investigation, as my tubes were causing me pain I finally got round to getting MOTS , as my Mum had given me £20 to treat myself I bought MOTS and The Rolling Stones' "Shine A Light DVD, that the thing being on a limited income sooo frustrating at times, I agree Sweet pea I agree with you about self deprivation.
:p  :p  :p  :p  :p .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: July 11 2008, 04:07

Quote (Sweetpea @ July 07 2008, 15:02)

Quite nice. Me likes!

I'd just assumed that everyone here at Tubular.net already had a copy of MOTS. Were you in traction for three months, or observing Alaskan Grizzlies, perhaps? In any case, I'm glad to hear you've now got it, and are enjoying it, MusicallyInspired. Will you let us know what your favorite moments are?

Those Alaskan grizzlies sound good - wonder how they would respond to Mike's music?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2008, 05:20

Quote (trcanberra @ July 11 2008, 04:07)
Those Alaskan grizzlies sound good - wonder how they would respond to Mike's music?

If only Mike had taken such a contingency into consideration...

Honeybringer
Animursa
Silpoohette
Shabpaw
The Teddypest
Honeybringer Reprise
Auroara
On my Clawed Heart
Profurcy
On My Clawed Heart Reprise
Harbjornia Mundi
The Other Hide
Empyrbruin
Musicub Univursalis

(Man, that strained my brain.)

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2008, 01:44

Quote (moonchildhippy @ July 10 2008, 18:06)
...it was following a laparoscopy investigation, as my tubes were causing me pain I finally got round to getting MOTS...

I'm not sure what a "laparoscopy investigation" is, but it sounds painful. And if I ever have one, I'm sure MO-music would be exactly what I'd want afterwards!

--------------
Profile PM 
9 replies since July 05 2008, 16:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net