Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Just completed 24 medal quest, At last!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 17 2008, 08:56

Having a considerable amount of access to my computer this weekend, I decided to complete the 24 medal quest. It took me about 2 and a half hours - it's amazing how formerly difficult games such as Desert White and the Scorpion become child's play with practice. I took a snapshot of the celtic cross in Mike's world, if one is wanted for the guide - I don't think the latter has a picture of this.

Mike's World seems charged with symbolic meaning: the cross is obviously a memorial to a former Mike (perhaps the pre-Exegesis one?), with the newer incarnation in its futuristic crystal polyhedron. Has anyone noticed the apple on one of the benches? If this world is a paradise, obviously Mike is aware that it could all disappear in a flash!
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2008, 15:35

not nearly as satisfying as the Gravitar quest on completion IMO...   :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2008, 20:38

Quote (3Wheeler @ Aug. 17 2008, 15:35)
not nearly as satisfying as the Gravitar quest on completion IMO...   :cool:

Agreed. In fact, the quest has a kind of sad note: with the Celtic cross and the almost-silence, you feel as though you've ended up in a cemetery.

One puzzle is that the 17 minute mix of music from the game contains snippets of stuff that don't seem to be present in Maestro - at least, not that I've come across. Have you noticed this, 3Wheeler? Also, whoever did the mix left out the melody from the musical sphere in the Cometar Garage.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Aug. 17 2008, 08:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net