Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (8) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Just a piece of rubbish!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hergest fridge Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 27 2009, 14:47

Quote (nightspore @ Oct. 26 2009, 20:35)
Quote (hergest fridge @ Oct. 26 2009, 13:46)
But don,t forget islands , earth moving and heavens open that really is a list of shame.

I'm beginning to this forum is one for people who hate Mike Oldfield!

As for Guitars, "Summit Day" is a true summit. The rest of the album is fun if I don't want to be subjected to intense emotional wrenching, which most of Mike's other music does. It's a great album to drive to, particularly on a long straight road out in the country.

I didn,t say hate,where did i say hate ? Their are alot of things i don,t like about MO but hate isn,t one of them.
But back to the music the 3 albums i listed are far worse than anything else mentioned (in my opinion),and the songs of distant earth is in my top 5.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2009, 14:57

I'm not gonna try and go back and find references in this thread. Yes, MO gets bashed here, but he gets resurrected once or twice by a few of us. This MO site is a tug-of-war..........a game. We pull on a rope. The losing team ends up in the mud pit. It's all in good fun. And MO watches......waiting hour-by-hour. For the next fun..............It's all in good fun. Remember that.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2009, 17:58

Quote (The Caveman @ Oct. 27 2009, 13:26)
I'm going to go against all preconceptions and say that i really like TB3.Not as much as i like 'the holy trinity' but it's my favourite from that period.Beats the hell out of L&S abd Tres Lunas.That's just my opinion of course.Top Of The Morning and Serpent Dream are the best bits.

I also think TBIII is way better than TSoDE, even though it's not a fantastic album. For the me trinity of shame is TBII, TSoDE and the Millenium Bell. The thing with these albums is that they aspire  on greatness and fail to deliver. Albums like Guitars or Voyager (and even Tres Lunas or L+S) are esier to appreciate for me because they don't seem so eager to please.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2009, 19:56

Hey Jim,
you are so right about maintaining Mike's reputation as an honest, decent Family Man and musician. He has never pretended to be other than what he is. For that I salute the man. He has integrity and humility, qualities I lack!
Cheers, Deb :)
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 27 2009, 21:17

Quote (larstangmark @ Oct. 27 2009, 17:58)
For the me trinity of shame is TBII, TSoDE and the Millenium Bell. The thing with these albums is that they aspire  on greatness and fail to deliver.

Funny: if I had to entitle one album in Mike's catalogue as the sole winner in that category, it would be Tubular Bells III by a light-year. Personally I consider it as the pinnacle of Mike making an Important Statementâ„¢, with the majority of tracks having a bombastic, Earth shattering climax at the end, even when it's totally uncalled for. And Far Above the Clouds as the finale, of course.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
144 replies since Oct. 05 2006, 17:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (8) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net