Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Just 36 Years Later, Hiya!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mike10872002 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 25 2011, 19:06

Just to say 'Hello', I have finally joined a Mike Oldfield forum and I don't normally do this sort of thing as I am 53!

It all started yesterday, I had a day off work and I was getting a bit bored so I decided to play a DVD of the Tubular Bells III Live Concert in London which I have not looked at for a few years and it was really great. Then I got Googling to find out the latest on Mike Oldfield and found the sad news that David Bedford had died recently so I had to join to record some thoughts here.

I remember Mike Oldfield right from the start in the early 70's but way back then I was not really a fan, however *my* Mike Oldfield is much more recent, I think his best work by far is 'The Songs of Distant Earth', closely followed by TB III and I have a huge respect for his 'Music of the Spheres'. I was on holiday in the USA just after 'Music of the Spheres' was released and I played it in the car on a journey through Wyoming to Yellowstone Park and it was just so perfect! How many musicians from back in the 70's have the talent and nous to compose a symphony for a classical orchestra? Mike Oldfield does and I look forward to whatever else he composes before he retires.

So, hello!

Michael
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2011, 13:48

Hi

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2011, 07:40

...and welcome.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2011, 04:06

Hello Mike - what do all your numbers signify? ;)

I found this site by accident as well in 2008 when looking for information about MoTS.  In some ways I'm glad I came to it later because I wouldn't have wanted my positive vibes about the MO albums (1999 onwards) thwarting. I must admit I was a bit shocked at some of the negative critiques when I first joined, but now I take them with a pinch of salt - I know what I like, and what I believe to be good and brilliant!!   :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Nov. 25 2011, 19:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net