Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Juha Kujanpää: Tales and Travels, New instrumental album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
kujanpaa Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 02 2013, 13:14

Hello everyone! I'm a Finnish musician and composer, and just released my first solo album, "Kivenpyörittäjä - Tales and Travels". It's instrumental music between progressive rock and Nordic folk music, with a large ensemble and a strong "Finnish" sound. You can listen to and buy the album at http://eclipsemusicrecordlabel.bandcamp.com/album....travels . It's also available on iTunes and Spotify.

If you wish to keep informed about my new music, please check out and like my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/juhakujanpaamusic
Profile PM 
rhandom Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2014, 03:26

Hey,why don't you upload a "shorter" or "preview" versions of your album on soundcloud?I think it will be a great idea)
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2014, 06:32

Quite impressive and oldfieldian. Very nice!
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2014, 13:21

Me likes. :)

Things like finnish folk music and Piirpauke (in the sense of folk-jazz fusion) come into my mind. But this (album) is of course completely a thing of its own.

And I can't help making at least one Oldfield connection by mentioning the trumpet player Verneri Pohjola being a son of Pekka Pohjola who of course collaborated with Mike in the 70's. There. Now it's done.  ;)

And no need for SoundCloud as the whole album is listenable on the website. I'm one of those who still buys CDs, so let's see...

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2014, 17:00

Really good job. Inspiring! :-)
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2014, 08:37

Hey, listening to this right now, a few comments as follows:

Matkamusiikki - Tales and Travels ...hmm, folk minimalism! Different, I like it! The guitar would benefit from a more contemporary tone though.

Kivenpyörittäjä - Boulder Dash...a bit too folky and the more rocky bits clash a little...but redeemed by a very good guitar solo later in the track.

Suomenmaa - Samba da Finlandia ...nicely put together/excellent production, but a bit too jazzy for my taste (sounds like a 1970s BBC testcard tune, for those of you in the right country/old enough to remember them!;)

Hääpolska - Wedding Polska...nice, quite classical (in parts reminds me of some piece but I can't remember which)

Arkipäivän ylistys - Ode to Everyday ... too twee

Different Polska ...quirky and good mix of jazz and folk, nice!

Islannin vesi - Iceland Water ...the drums rather take this over!

...and that's as far as I got.

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2014, 08:51

Quote (Priabonia @ Feb. 08 2014, 15:37)
Matkamusiikki - Tales and Travels ...hmm, folk minimalism!

Heh...now you made think of Philip Glass whenever I hear those repeatitive violins. I'm not even very familiar with Philip Glass.  ;)

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
6 replies since Dec. 02 2013, 13:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net