Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Jarre "Bell " vs Oldfield Bell< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
shiverer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 19 2004, 05:10

I've once been to a concert of Jean Michel, and that was absolutely fabulous! Everything that is oxygene or equinox sounds great, but for me that isn't comparable with Mike's work. They just create different moods for me, I dunno. As far as I know, Jean michel uses Synth's only, but in every imaginable form.

0n Oxygene 7-13 he used a device that looked like a box, when he pulled the handle out of it, some wire attatched to it created a note, longer line, higher/ lower tone. But all jarre's instruments are electronically based.

Mike is much wider in variation of instruments, and that, together with the musicstyle, makes these guys different.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 29 2004, 09:14

Ok, I think I found out why the hell this "Jarre's 'Bell' vs. Oldfield's 'Bell'" thing came out... Well, there is a track on Jarre's Metamorphoses album that's called "Bells", and it uses tubular bells over a technoish track... sounds familiar? Well, it did certainly remind me of "Far Above The Clouds". And in such case, I stand on Jarre's side.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2005, 11:00

Quote (timshen @ Mar. 15 2002, 17:56)
I used to listen to a lot of JMJ but I hardly listen to his albums now as I find them boring - they don't seem to have the same lasting value as Mike's stuff (at least for me).

same here Timshen, I have Oxygene, Equinoxe, Concert en chine, Zoolook and his best of album called Images, some of the tracks I really like but I have to listen to them once every year at most otherwise the get boring  :p    ;)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
mink stoles Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 11:22

I have a Jean MJ cover of tubular bells if thats what youz mean~?

--------------
So if you you feel a little glum,
To Hergest Ridge you should come.
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 16:19

Quote (mink stoles @ Sep. 30 2005, 16:22)
I have a Jean MJ cover of tubular bells if thats what youz mean~?

Bingo! I downloaded that, what is with that weird buzzing sound? Otherwise it's pretty cool :music:

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
24 replies since Feb. 01 2001, 17:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net