Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: It´s only a WEA promo with a little care...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
pemipa Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 11 1999, 05:56

About this TMB... I´ve got no doubt, it´s one of the best´s work´s from Mike Oldfield. I´ve got the feeling that this TMB was written and produced just for live events (like new years eve). Maybe Warner Music got to rush to put TMB on the market before christmas, and "maybe" for that reason he don´t give a sheet for art work from the cd. Why din´t he sign his name in the cover? It´s only a promo with a little care ...(?)
Once again... i´ve got the feeling that he´s got something in mind to do in Berlin and than give us a tremendous live work with some surprises to be announced.

I will wait for Berlin and after that night... i´ll wait for a cd and DVD with the real sound off The Millenium Bell.

From Pemipa.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 14 1999, 08:13

Yes, maybe TMB is a little promo of the Great Millenium Concert.
But, that thing about WEA has reminded me something I have been thinking about for the last 8 years: Have you noticed that the change in the style in MO's albums was made since he joined WEA an released TBII? Then he admited that he wanted to try the new electronic instruments. OK, but my thought is: Was it dealed with WEA that Mike should change his musical style? The new style is more electronic, more standard and more comercial (that is whar WEA loves!).
I don't mean that everything MO has done since then is purely comercial... yes, there is still soul there, specialy in TSODE which I LOVE, but something has changed and will never be the same. There is less feeling, and it shows. The Virgin albums (from TB to Amarok) were touching, but the later albums are not.That's why all people here are complaining, so put the blame on WEA!!

David.
pemipa Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 15 1999, 17:05

Well, i don´t think it in that way. OK, MO is change the style after his contract with WEA... but not in the wrong way. His become more entusiastic with is works.

2 world tours (93 and 98); 2 big and well produced prémieres (i was one of the 7000 people in Horse Parade, London smile and one of the 30000 people in Murcia-Spain this summer - a night to remember for many, many years) ; on stage his more brilliant than ever, the live sound his something beyond anyone´s imagination (for when CD with live works?) and i don´t think "Guitars" like a comercial work, or "TSODE", but they´re great!

"TSODE" it´s one of my favorits. When i´m driving in long distants, "TSODE" is my O.S.T., .

Less passion? Less heart? Guys, i saw the man almost(?) crying in the end of presentation of TBIII in London. He didn´t care about step out the stage and than return for one more ovation from audience. He just stay there in the rain with is audience. For the two next encore´s he never step out of the stage.

I think there´s a lot of passion in his heart.

I Know WEA don´t work so well with MO like everybody wants (Hello guys from WEA in Spain! You are great. Keep going with it!). Mike deserve better! Im my opinion, after Berlin and of course a world Tour with TMB, Mike need´s to stop for a while and think with calm and relax the next move.

Maybe WEA don´t fits in his plans in the future... V2 - why not?

"A new beggining"

From Pemipa - Portugal.

Profile PM 
2 replies since Dec. 11 1999, 05:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net