Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: It's not 25:00!!!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 10 2001, 23:00

This has always been such a puzzling concept for me. When i look at CDs, one of the main things i look at is how long the CD tracks are. And ever since i first listened to TB, i wondered why in the world the time was rounded to a flat 25:00 minutes. Would it have been that difficult to put down 25:33 (or whatever number your CD player closely ends at). And the time for part two is wrong as well: it's not 23:50.

Every other CD that i have the times are extrememly accurate. Did the remaster version put the right time on it?

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Hillbilly Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2001, 18:23

Yeah, that's weird. I don't understand it either. Part 1 is 30 seconds longer than what the cover (and disc) says, Part 2 is 30 seconds shorter... I don't know what times the remastered releases give, but I'd guess they are the same.
Profile PM 
Vill Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2001, 11:42

The times on the Remastered HDCD read 25:00 and 23:50 respectively.
Profile PM 
Tubular Cobra Offline

Posted: July 21 2002, 17:39

I Always Wondered Why It Was That...

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
frozenfish Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2003, 07:13

I think this may be a pattern on the early MO cd's, as it is the same on OTB, the first part says it is 26.10, but it's more like 26.30
Profile PM 
SCprogfan
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 22 2003, 09:17

Would be interesting to compare those to the times on the vinyl labels.
Spinne Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2003, 15:56

This is something that I have notice in some CDs (not only MO CDs) from the 70s and 80s (and not so common but in most modern records sometimes too). I suppose is something related with the way in which they measure this time on those times, but since I don't know the process (if there is one specific process) I can't confirm anything. Surely if we compare these timings with the ones on the vinyls probably are the same, there must be simply and error that nobody has check in other editions (in the same way the FMO editions continue naming Mount Teide as Mount Teidi ;))
Profile PM 
6 replies since Aug. 10 2001, 23:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net