Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: It doesn't work...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Vinz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 09 2001, 04:35

Everybody seems to enjoy MusicVR very much...
So I am a little bit sad, because, with my 3dfx Voodoo 2 card, it doesn't work... I've got 0.7 frames/s, so it's very very very slow... All I can see is an erupting volcano, with the same sound again and again and again, which is, at last, extremely boring...
I'm waiting for the update which, I hope, will be really soon...

Vinz, the guy with no luck...

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Andersson Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 05:18

it doesn't work at all for me...it says Loading Game Data and then it crashes. bah.
Profile PM WEB 
Man In Rain Offline

Posted: April 09 2001, 10:10

I have an ATI Radeon video card. Every time I start the demo the computer locks and the only thing I can do is to restart it with reset button. I tried in different resolutions and with the newest drivers of the graphic card - no effect. I hope they will increase the number of graphic cards supported.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: April 10 2001, 04:41

Well, Vinz, you're not the only one in this position. I get a frame rate of 0.7, meaning I can see the volcano erupt, and hear the sound, and seemingly go round in very slowly updating circles, and I can't go forwards, so I could do with some help/graphics upgrading before I can use the MVR demo.

-Tim- waiting for better news.
Profile PM WEB 
Vinz Offline

Posted: April 10 2001, 08:03

In fact, I can go forward... It's very slow, but if you move your mouse close to the middle of the screen you can move. So if you manage to go through the cactus, you go to the next level with a white tree and a cool music. After that, you go through the tree and land to the stars level with a real cool guitar riff... You've got to be patient, but you can do it and have a global idea of it.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 10 2001, 18:19

Same for me, what Vinz & others experienced. (ATI 3D Rage Pro Graphics Card).

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Vinz Offline

Posted: April 13 2001, 07:46

The update came, and there are not many differences. The graphics are better, I can't deny it, there are beautiful smoke waves above the volcano, the landscape looks very good... But there's a lot of graphic errors such as little roots or little stones on the ground and, most important, it's slower than before : 0.6 frames/s !
Am I the only one in that case with a voodoo 2 card since the update came out ? Or has my computer got some problems ?
Here is, once again, my computer :
PII 333Mhz, 64Mo Ram, 3dfx Voodoo2, ATI Xpert Play 98...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Hillbilly Offline

Posted: June 12 2001, 15:22

It crashes for me too. Doesn't start at all...
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: June 12 2001, 16:33

on mine (a Celeron overclocked to a 333 with 128 ram voodoo 1 addon-card and an old cirrus logic video card), it plays but very slowly....and some of the sprites have no transparent background and, same as most everybody here, it is terribly slow...if i look up to the sky it gets a little faster but thats boring... i would really love to play this smoothly but it just wont use my voodoo!!! arg.....as crummy as it is it would sitll increase the speed at least to like 12 or 15 fps.....that would be fine for me cuz thats all i get in games anyway.

i can move too....i managed twice to get a some kind of flying saucer movin towards the volcano and i managed once to find a big picture of the welcome screen where mike talks about the game...

but when i try to leave there is this purple shield that keeps me from goin very far from the cactus.....whats that all about?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 18 2001, 03:33

For a long time I too could not get the demo to work properly and it was very frustrating.
The game would jerk along and sometimes i'd 'catch' something and get music for it but that's all. Also the graphics was very badly rendered.

However, I just updated my graphics driver and the change is stunning! I have an Intel 810 Chipset graphics driver. When I checked my 'Display' 'settings' on the Control Panel I saw that I have version 2.1 of the driver.
I then went to http://www.altavista.com and typed in the full driver name I was taken to a page that showed the latest version (6.0). I downloaded this, followed the install instructions (uninstalling the old one first, replacing with a standard default)andthe rest is history!

Once it works OK it is beautiful and is a fantastic experience (for a demo). The graphics renders much better - it's not perfect and is sometimes broken but over all passable) and the whole experience is exhilerating (especially the butterfly land).

My advice, before buying a new graphics card, is to check you have the latest graphics driver. Also you can update to DirectX 8 which may help.

Hope you all can get it running - it's well worth it!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Hillbilly Offline

Posted: June 20 2001, 15:59

Yihaa! Just wanna say that it finally works for me too! I've "played" it a few times and it rocks! It's an amazing project. Very beautiful.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: June 20 2001, 23:25

my problem is, my graphics card is waaaay too old. i went to the site to download new drivers and my card isnt even there...its a Cirrus Logic Jaton VIDEO-60P. pretty frickn old. i got a 3dfx voodoo 1 in there too but for some reason it doesnt detect that. so i get 0.1 fps all the time

and can someone please tell me what is with that stupid purple shield!?!?!?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
11 replies since April 09 2001, 04:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net