Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: is this a copyright issue??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
lazeeladuk Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 06 2002, 05:47

has anyone seen the tv add for a box set of cds called 'Chillout Moods' I bought this and it's quite good 8 cds with a range of different artists including MO. While reading the credits on one of the cds covers inoticed this, one of the MO tracks is Hibernaculum, taken from TSODE.this  album was released in 1994 by Warner Music Uk Ltd. The recording is owned by Warner Music Uk Ltd. But on the chillout moods  box set it is listed as Virgin Records Ltd 1994. Now didn't MO leave Virgin in the 1980s. Is this a copyright issue? does anyone know? E mail me and let me know. lazeeladuk@yahoo.co.uk
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2002, 14:46

I think Virgin just bought the track.

If you look at "Elements", you see that it has "Sentinel" (from TB II) included. "Elements" is from Virgin but "Sentinel" from Warner, so, I just think they put it on their cd with their name and pay Warner a large amount of money.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
lazeeladuk Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2002, 05:00

yeh! thats what i,ve been told but i can't rememmber who told me
cheers ;)
Profile PM 
2 replies since Sep. 06 2002, 05:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net