Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Is Mike really God??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 337 Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Dec. 18 2001, 06:56

Who agrees Mike Oldfield IS God, Reply!!!
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 18 2001, 08:11

I don't agree.

Cheers
GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
alex Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2001, 13:44

OH YES!!!!
That's TRUE!
I AGREE!!!
I worship HIM as GOD since I heard HIS Music
the first time!!!
My justification you will find at forum
Isn't Mike Oldfield the God of Music?
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 02 2002, 13:27

Let´s take it seriously.

How can Mike Oldfield be God??

I love his music, but I´m a believer, and can't put a human being in the spot of my God.

So, start to learn that we, human beings as we are, have to be humble 'cos there´s only one God, who encarned Jesus Christ.

So listen to the beautiful music knowing that the real creator is God, 'cos he created Mike, as well as me and you.

Any questions? wink

LTBL
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2002, 13:09

This is a difficult question to answer really,because as we are all writing on a Mike Oldfield forum,we all love pretty much everything he has done,so,because we are bias towards him,we could say we think he is god,but for other people who love say,Eric Clapton as much as we like Mike,might say that Eric is god to them,and that Mike and his music is crap,so who is to say either of those is right or wrong!!!!!
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2002, 23:17

Well my opinion is that yes he is the God of the music. for me is like my second God. No one ever will make better music on this planet. He knows what rythim means and rythim is our live. Whitout rythim everythings fallas apart and we die. My life is musch better sincs i listened to Tubular Bells. no doubt. He is the God of the music!

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 03 2002, 08:49

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.."

Exodus 34:14 - (for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God)

of course if you dont beleive the bible than you dont have to believe this do you.

I believe Mike Oldfield is the greatest musician who ever lived IMHO and makes the very best music ever and is in fact my favorite musician, but sorry guys, you're deceived.

think of it. Satan (who was Lucifer) was the choir leader in heaven...he knew how to use music more than anybody. he fell..and now music is (i believe) his most important and effective tool he uses to deceive ppl and this is a perfect example of it.

first, MO is definetly not the god of music because there is only one God. the god of everything who created everything...including MO. hes not gonna create another god whos over music. why should he?

second, he isnt god because if he was his life wouldn't be as catastrophic and chaotic as it is. he has problems just like everybody else. he is not perfect (which is the entire essence of god...perfection) just like everybody else. god definetly gave him a talent, but he is absolutely not god.

one last thing...how can u believe someone is god without believing the bible. god came from the bible (the word i mean). the whole idea of god started in the bible. how can u take somethn like that out and put it on somebody else but yet not believe the bible? im sorry , but thats insane. no i take that back. im not sorry.

Jesus Christ is God and there are none beside Him.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2002, 14:28

I have to say I agree with the brave words MusicallyInspired says about the matter.

Everybody has the right to believe in God or not, and either what God to believe in. But I think too that's a heresy to place a human being in the place of God, as Let There Be Light says, and an insult not to any religion, but also to any decent cosmology.

As you all know I love Mike's music, and I think music can be an instrument of Evil and of God also, but in Mike's case it's plain to see that his music is greatly healing, creative, beautiful, optimistic and attached with nature and with spiritual matters. But as a Christian I can't put him in the place Christ has. Anyway, I have repeatedly remarked how Mike Oldfield raises in his music the matter of Christ as an important person either in History and in his own life (Peace on Earth, The Time Has Come to say two examples).

So, in another way of speaking, in my opinion, of course Mike Oldfield is the best musician the last Century has known, so, let's say more properly, Mike is the king of music. O.K.???

Delfín>>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
alex Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2002, 15:51

It is the most difficult for believers to recognize their God in His incarnation , in THE MAN WHO lives on Earth but IS REALLY GOD...And I read the bible...Didn't the Jews kill Jesus?
Think of it,please...
I believe that one day you will fall on your knees listening to Mike's works...
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2002, 16:34

0.K., I get on my knees when I listen to Mike, But Mike is not God!!! mad

Delfín>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
alex Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2002, 01:10

I AM SURE HE IS !!!
I am not a believer of any religion and I know that God has nothing to do with religion and bible, or other book that contains dogmats of religion.
God is that Someone or rather Something (such a Force, Power or Something like that) that did not create the Universe or people but is the Essence, the Perfect Soul of the Universe, the Perfect Part of human's soul - It is the Spirit of Perfection...
Well, Music is something like that, isn't It?
And if Mike is the Perfect Creator of Perfect Music,then HE is GOD - He is the Creator of the Spirit of Perfection - He is PERFECT, He is the Creator of Perfection- well - HE IS GOD!!!

(no dogmats, no books, no prayers
GOD IS EVERYTHING!!!)
Profile PM 
Luke 666 Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2002, 15:08

I think Mike isn't God, but he's GOOD.
smile
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2002, 16:53

If God is the personification of all that is GOOD and the Devil is the personification of all that is EVIL, then I figure Mike is a God of sorts as opposed to being 'THE GOD'. Mike is good and his music surely brings harmony and peace to all who listen.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2002, 11:39

I agree with Musically Inspired and Delphin.

Come on now - if Mike really was God he would have had a miraculous birth or something like that and he certainly wouldn't have messed up in relationships like he has and had drinking problems - Does God go for counselling due to extreme introversion or alcoholism?

God had created him with a wonderful gift of music - the glory goes to God, not mike.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
alex Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2002, 07:25

Miraculous birth?!!! Are you silly, my friend?!!!
Do you really want everyone , even those non-educated, non-spiritual and non-intelligent,
to listen to His Music and to know that He is God?!!!
Oh, forget about christianity and dogmats!
Mike is God! God whose first worshippers we are!!!
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2002, 18:22

OK - basic dictionary definitions...

god = object of worship, an idol;

idol = object of obsessive devotion;

devotion = deep affection.

As there are a core of MO fans that have a deep affection for him and his music, then I concede that there is a link there, without dogmatic and peremptory overtones.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 01 2002, 00:04

alex, Jesus wasnt dead forever. he resurrected and is now still alive since then...he doesnt need to become another incarnation. Jesus said i am the first and the LAST. not only that, he said it after he died and ressurected.

and ur just deceived thinking god is just some force. you say just throw out the bible but that competely contradicts your own belief. like i said before the whole idea of a god came from the bible. if there was no bible there would be no theory of god. u cant just take somethn out and leave the rest. if ur gonna believe somethn believe it all where it came from.

you believe god is a force or an essence of reality. the whole idea of that belief came from paganism and they wont admit it but the origin of paganism were devil worshipers and satanists. so in effect the 'god' you are worshipping is none other than satan. bible says the devil makes himself appear like an angel of light. in other words, appealing. he will use anything he can that appeals to you to get you to believe in somethn other than the *only* eternal god that created the universe.

think of it carefully.....if none of this was true, nobody would have a drive to believe in anything. and everybody has a drive to believe in something in life. doesnt matter what it is. and it doesnt matter if they deny it. deep down they have the drive. they may not know what it is so they interperate it as a need and they go to drugs and everything even music to appease that need they have. and it wont work. bcuz that need is god bcuz god created the universe and when he created man he created in him that drive for god.

that u think mike is god is just an example of this search for somethn to believe in but it wont fulfill you. and u can deny that all you want but its true.

you keep ignoring all the facts and keep tryin to prove yourself right. none of the ppl in the bible tried to prove their own beliefs right. they sacrificed them.

---

and t4, if that was really true then what about all the ppl who have deep affection for say someone elses music? or a totally different area of creativity besides music? not all of them can be god. there is only one god. and it doesnt matter if someone believes in somethn or someone else believes in somthn else. theres only one god whether we believe it or not. facts are facts. and you can argue whether they are really facts but thats a perfect example of someone trying to prove themselves right. you cant twist what the bible says to your own beliefs. everyone in the bible sacrificed their own lives and wants and belifs to follow god and believe in him. they didnt try to twist everything and prove their own beliefs correct. thats what the devil does. twists everything. ur being just like him in doing that. and being like somethn is like worshipping it. whether you know it or beileve it or not you are worshipping the devil when u act like him. your giving him the glory. and gods not gonna stand for that. hes a jelous god.

im not tryin to be mean here so dont anybody misunderstand me. nobody likes to be confronted with their sins. bible even says men run from the light lest their wicked deeds become known for the hearts of men are wicked (not exact words but basically what it says).

sorry this is so long

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 04:29

Mike might be our god, as in object of devotion, but as for GOD who can say? This is not a serious topic and shouldn't be treated as such, IMO

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 06:28

yes...hmm...i think he's better than god biggrin

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 08:17

Better than god? Yes! If it's god with a small 'g'. The Bible clearly says there are many gods but only one God (capital G). Mike can become our god if we have deep devotion for him and thus worship him like an idol (using T4's definition).

That's what happened to me years ago and I was convicted to give up listening to his music for about 10 years before I could come freely again and listen to it without him being an idol (which, as a worshipper of the one God, revealed in Jesus Christ, I cannot do).

Now I listen to and appreciate his music for what it is without being obsessed.

That's my own personal experience - I don't judge others and respect each person's stand.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
19 replies since Dec. 18 2001, 06:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net