Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: is Mike a star trek fan???< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
lazeeladuk Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 30 2002, 17:04

could someone correct me if i'm wrong ,but i'm sure i've heard somewhere that Mike is a TREKKI. what does everyone think?
does he get any inspiration from the whole star trek thing?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 30 2002, 17:45

Yeah, lots of inspiration. Check this out:
Supernova - The Songs Of Distant Earth
This album was a real challenge because it involved setting a book to music. Rob Dickins, the head of WEA, came up with the idea and I thought it would be interesting and also gave me an opportunity to meet Arthur C. Clarke, who I'd always admired. I spent some time in Sri Lanka and tried to gather as much as I could about the Voyager satellite they'd sent off into space with examples of music from Earth on board. Then I read the book. The chapter about supernovas really caught my imagination. I thought, How do I make the sound of a supernova? I spent a weekend watching "Star Trek" non-stop, and I was just playing around with a couple of chords when I found this fabulous explosion sample. I sang a tiny bit over the explosion, and I don't think I ever enjoyed singing so much as I did on those three notes.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
1 replies since Sep. 30 2002, 17:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net