Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Is it worth it?, Should I buy the game?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 31 2002, 01:21

I recently got Tres Lunas, and I may be buying the MVR game (I have made sure the demo works and everything.) I just have one question: is the game worth the $30 or more dollars that I will need to spend on it. I did enjoy the demo quite a bit, but will the game offer me anything more interesting? I do have a tandancy to get bored easily, however I have done the demo quite a few times, and I think it is quite fun. I probably won't be using the internat game option too much, so will there be enough to do?

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2002, 10:48

if as u said enjoyed the demo, you may also enjoy the full version...
but anyway, maybe the best would be u registered and then decide :D
just think about that... have u ever 'take the risk' to buy an album even not being very sure u would like it?
i'm almost sure u did :)

i wouldn't like to be misunderstood now... but imo it's not such a big amount of money... i mean... if i'm not wrong there are some video games which are sometimes more than double expensive and people buy them...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2002, 18:43

absolutely yes.... :p

--------------
Reaching through the dark, do you have to go??
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2003, 13:42

Go for it. If the demo works smoothly enough then its definately worth it. Generaly speaking I hate computer games but MVR is very different and you'll love the interaction between Mike's music and the visuals. You will have never played a computer game like it and its way more fun and rewarding than other 'adventure' games like Myst etc that you may be familiar with.

One last thing however. If you have already downloaded the fan remixes of the music you have kind of ruined it slightly for yourself because half the fun of MVR is discovering the music for the first time, but then again seperated from the visuals some of the music doesn't work as well so go for it anyway.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2003, 20:09

Is it worth it? Yes..yes and yes again! :D

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2003, 12:25

what do you mean if the demo works ???
i do not understand... :/

--------------
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2003, 18:47

If the demo works = If the sound and graphics run smoothly and it doesn't crash your computer etc etc etc........
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2003, 13:25

do you know something ?in my full version of the game as in the demo the graphics are quite good but it do not runs as the other video games that i have seen!i do not play video games so i do not know details!
i hope to understant what i mean!is there your mvr like this????????????? :/

--------------
Profile PM 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2003, 07:52

Hi,

one thing : it's not that expensive, "This key costs UK 11 pounds 75. (Approximately 18 US Dollars, 18.5 Euros)" at the time they did the website, now it is 17 €.

And yes, IF it works fine (many problems for many people + poor support), it's REALLY cool, even if it doesn't compare to other computer games with state of the art graphics, it has a magic of its own : the music of course, but also the game itself IMHO.

:)

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
8 replies since Dec. 31 2002, 01:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net