Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Is everybody happy?, June 19th Happiest day< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 19 2009, 05:50

According to some new research today (19th June) is the happiest day of the year!

Even if you weren't happy at the start of the day, maybe realising someone has spent their time devising all that research will amuse you and cheer you up :)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 19 2009, 06:09

Nah what a load of bollocks! maybe in the northern  hemisphere where its summer! winter here and grumpy, ya think that will skew their findings? lol, deb
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 07:01

:D Ohh yeah ! Seing the picture of Lydia Guevara i can say today is the happiest day for me ! ... i'm Bugs Bunny and i'm going to eat these carrots ..  :D
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 08:43

I'm at work.Therefore bloody miserable.Actually i'm in a resonable mood cos it's friday but with another 4 hours left i have the whole afternoon to go!Still think it's all crap about today being the happiest day.That's pay day next month when my shares from work mature and i can finally buy the ticket for Fairport's Cropredy Convention in August.Today however is just another boring friday.
And Deb your winter and ours are very differnt.Your's are like an autumn day here.Ours are f**king freezing!!!!
It's kind of cloudy here though so not much summer sun coming into the office.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: June 19 2009, 20:46

:p cheer up caveman, at least its warmer there eh, im happy just perved on some pics of mike, day much warmer lol, deb
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: June 20 2009, 03:46

Happy is overrated
Sad too
Anger also
Calm is not nearly enough
Catatonic is the way to go  
:D
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 04:25

Quote (The Caveman @ June 19 2009, 14:43)
I'm at work

It depends on work you do...

I guess you work behind you pc because you often post something here!

What is your job?

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 07:30

"Happy. . . ? Oh yes, I remember that."
- Basil Fawlty.
Profile PM 
New Incantation Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 07:40

"I won't enjoy it."
- Marvin, the Paranoid Android

Actually, the only good thing about yesterday (the 19th), was that it was a Friday, and not a Monday.
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: June 20 2009, 23:27

Well, I must say, the chicken and chips I had from the chip shop on the 19th was particularly nice.

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Posted: June 21 2009, 12:41

This year June 19th was the annual "midsummer celebration day" here in Finland. The Sun never sets. Most people are on holiday and they head for their summer cottages and camping grounds. Unfortunately this year, like so often, it just rained for the entire day. But yeah, we were happy.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: June 21 2009, 12:57

I should add that the "midsummer celebration day" is also a day when many accidents happen. People get drunk and drown in a lake or in the Baltic Sea. One could say they're too happy (= careless).
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 21 2009, 20:11

Quote (Harmono @ June 21 2009, 12:41)
This year June 19th was the annual "midsummer celebration day" here in Finland. The Sun never sets. Most people are on holiday and they head for their summer cottages and camping grounds. Unfortunately this year, like so often, it just rained for the entire day. But yeah, we were happy.

"Go and have fun with a Finn!"
- Basil Fawlty
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: June 22 2009, 06:52

@ New Incantation...."And me with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side." :laugh:

@yannick.I work for a well known very large mobile phone company taking sh*t from customers.Oh deep joy. :)

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: June 22 2009, 08:03

Quote (nightspore @ June 22 2009, 02:11)

- Basil Fawlty

Haha! Cleese's characters are always so polite.  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 10 2009, 23:38

Quote (nightspore @ June 21 2009, 20:11)

- Basil Fawlty

Mmmm....don't mind if I do. :) Weeks later...am feeling cautiously happy--happier than on the 19th and 22nd. Speaking of Suomi...my Finnish bf is visiting next week for 9 days and I am nearly happy. I'll actually *be* unequivocably happy when his plane lands and we're together. Lots planned.... NYC for a couple of days, Grassroots Festival (http://www.grassrootsfest.org - does anyone go to this???), Midsummer Night's Dream at the Cornell Plantations, the Renaissance Faire in Sterling, Niagara Falls, Letchworth State Park, walks on the Dryden Lake trails, etc. (((-:

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
15 replies since June 19 2009, 05:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net