Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Instruments!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
SandAbyss Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 16 2000, 02:01

Does anyone know of the instruments and equipment used in the recording of Tubular Bells 3?
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2000, 16:49

Probably most of his basic stuff that he plays. Guitars, pianos, synths, etc. I must say though, those bells sound the best out of any of them Tubular Bells albums.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2000, 18:18

I think I can add some technical details I found on Dark Star when it was still at www.ibmpcug.co.uk/~darkstar and it mostly worked as a promotional site for TB3...now that site (and the info) isn't there anymore...too bad frown. Anyway, here's what I remember having found there.

The bells were a real set of TB's (two octaves) by Premier, put through a Kurzweil K2000 sampler to enhance their already very prominent echo; most of the analogue synth parts were played on the Clavia Nord Lead; the flamenco guitars in Serpent Dream are by Ramirez (a well-known Spanish guitar maker) and, believe it or not, the drum track for Man In The Rain was sampled directly from Moonlight Shadow eek eek...all Mike did was playing a new tune OVER IT!!!
[Well...not very new...he wrote it right after MS hit the charts...!! smile]

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
2 replies since June 16 2000, 02:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net