Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Instrumental Project, Finally an update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 24 2004, 19:21

Was inspired tonight by an old tune I made a while back with my bass simulator to continue my long instrumental at last. Been inspirationless for a while now. I've refined the 3rd tune  added 2 new tunes which adds another 5 or so minutes bringing the total playing time up to 11:29 of music so far. Production phase isn't 100% complete yet so some things might be too quiet or loud or muddy or empty yet. But hey, it's finally a step :). Also I took the main drum line out so it will really sound incomplete.

http://smc.sq7.org/miscfile/brandon/instrumental_project.mp3

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
torbenyj Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 24 2004, 19:57

hi
thumbs up. Very, very well done

TY
Profile PM 
Yuval Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 26 2004, 03:53

very well inspired allright :)
I really like the sound and the transition.
Really nice guitar work.
I'll give it more listens and see if I have more things to say.
Which equip have u used for the guitar?
Keep on the good work
UV
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 26 2004, 10:16

BOSS GT-6 Effects Processor.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2004, 11:21

this is fantastic, I am looking forward to hear it complete...with the main drum line in and so on, the guitar sounds are fantastic! :)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2004, 11:05

This is very good stuff! Congrats man.

Can you tell me what kinda instruments you use? Also how do you record it etc? Thanx.
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 21 2004, 15:27

Aside from the echoing harp at the beginning which is my MT-200 midi synth module playing live on my keyboard, the rest is all my guitar plugged into my GT-6 processor for effects. I record everything into my Magix Audio Studio 5 program and mix it there.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2004, 17:58

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Dec. 21 2004, 15:27)
Aside from the echoing harp at the beginning which is my MT-200 midi synth module playing live on my keyboard, the rest is all my guitar plugged into my GT-6 processor for effects. I record everything into my Magix Audio Studio 5 program and mix it there.

The Maxic 5 program, is that a good program for mixing etc.?
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 21 2004, 21:24

No actually it's a pretty cheap program I found in Radio Shack and the EQ tool isn't good at all. ;)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Dec. 22 2004, 03:41

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Dec. 21 2004, 21:24)
No actually it's a pretty cheap program I found in Radio Shack and the EQ tool isn't good at all. ;)

Do you know programs like that that are good?
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 22 2004, 10:30

Well there's Pro Tools and Cubase. Both of which are professionally used and expensive. Pro Tools has a free 8-track version you can use, though. But if you have Win XP it won't work. And the demo of Cubase doesn't save anything.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Dec. 22 2004, 14:56

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Dec. 22 2004, 10:30)
Well there's Pro Tools and Cubase. Both of which are professionally used and expensive. Pro Tools has a free 8-track version you can use, though. But if you have Win XP it won't work. And the demo of Cubase doesn't save anything.

So Cubase has also included a synth and various effects like reverb etc? I play guitar, also electric but I can't record my play on my PC, so that's why I want to play it on a synth like that.
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 22 2004, 20:26

What do you mean by synth? You mean MIDI? The version I had didn't do midi...but then it might be there and I haven't seen it...I don't use it much at all. But it does do effects with reverb and everything etc.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 04:47

Yeah sorry, I mean MIDI.
I downloaded a Demo version of Cubase, you can do MIDI, but it's difficult to add the instruments you want to...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 10:47

Yes, Cubase started out as a MIDI sequencer, so it's well equipped for that side of things. Audio came later, and more recently still (though when I say recently, it must be about 6 years ago now, perhaps more), virtual instruments. I believe that some synthesisers are included with the basic package, but you may find that you want different ones to what they give you.

Another one which I'd say is worth a look (I'm assuming that you're using a Windows PC) is Cakewalk Sonar, which offers broadly the same capabilities.
Profile PM 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 13:33

Quote (Korgscrew @ Dec. 23 2004, 10:47)
Yes, Cubase started out as a MIDI sequencer, so it's well equipped for that side of things. Audio came later, and more recently still (though when I say recently, it must be about 6 years ago now, perhaps more), virtual instruments. I believe that some synthesisers are included with the basic package, but you may find that you want different ones to what they give you.

Another one which I'd say is worth a look (I'm assuming that you're using a Windows PC) is Cakewalk Sonar, which offers broadly the same capabilities.

I now have Cubase SX 2.0.
It's a good program, but I'm not used to it, so that may take a while.
It's god lots of synths, but its all very electronic sounding, no guitars or piano's etc. Maybe I can download some add-ons?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 17:01

You'd probably be best starting a new topic in the fan music discussion area if you want to take this any further (so we don't hijack this topic completely! ), but yes, you ought to be able to get other plugins which will provide samples of acoustic and electric instruments. You could try something like Sampletank, for example, of which there's a free version which includes a small selection of different instruments.

My personal preference tends more towards the electronic sounds though, as I very rarely find sampled acoustic instruments to be convincing enough. I would usually rather program my own more abstract or impressionistic (by impressionistic, I mean something like the whistle sound which Mike used on tracks like Blue Peter, as opposed to a sampled recorder or something like that) electronic sounds. I do still have a few tricks for improving the realism of samples when I have to, though...

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find your own way through it all, and work out which approaches you prefer.
Profile PM 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 17:06

Thank you for your replies.
Listen to my song A Morning at Home, it's made with Cubase (and one other wav I made myself). Hope you like it, though its very simple compared to your tracks.
Profile PM 
hcdjp Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2004, 08:49

this is fantastic!!!!!!!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

__
by hcdjp
Profile PM 
18 replies since Sep. 24 2004, 19:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net