Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (40) < ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations reissue available for pre-order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Reena Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 18 2011, 13:53

Listening to my replacement CD right now, which has arrived today together with the replacement vinyl...

Yep, a glitch, there's a fraction missing...   :/

I haven't decided yet what to do with this... Shall I email them once more and have some more negative feelings about this release, or just let it go and enjoy the positive feeling that I get by listening to Mike's music (although in this case not flawless... )...
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2011, 15:48

lol i barely even noticed first glitch and only when i was listening that part carefully...didnt bother me too much because i listen music in background not too much focused on it.

i dont think they starting to make new master anymore...i would be swamped with extra discs then...would had to write version numbers on cases to remember what is what :P
If they going to make new 1.2 version i think this current 1.1 fix will be rarest from all

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
doctorlard Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2011, 22:36

From UMG-UK:

Dear Mr Harker,

Thank you for your email.  I understand this is being looked into as a matter of urgency.  Due to August we will be able to respond on Tuesday 23rd August.

With best regards
Hannah Strickland

PA to David Joseph
Chairman/CEO
Universal Music UK Ltd
364 - 366 Kensington High Street
W14 8NS
Tel: 020 74715373
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 00:08

Quote (doctorlard @ Aug. 18 2011, 22:36)
From UMG-UK:

Dear Mr Harker,

Thank you for your email.  I understand this is being looked into as a matter of urgency.  Due to August we will be able to respond on Tuesday 23rd August.

With best regards
Hannah Strickland

PA to David Joseph
Chairman/CEO
Universal Music UK Ltd
364 - 366 Kensington High Street
W14 8NS
Tel: 020 74715373

What is the purpose of the August comment?  It seems random.  If they are busy... why not just say... we are bloody busy!?  Well, atleast now there is attention from the CEO of UMG!  That should help our case get further correction... hopefully.  Still haven't received my replacement State-side.  Probably just as well.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 00:10

Does anyone know how to get something to Mike for Platinum Deluxe?  This is important!  You can email me privately if you wish.  ChristopherDhopkins@yahoo.com   Thank you.
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 04:58

My response :

"I have come into a response from the label this morning.  They have advised that they are investigating this new issue and will come back to me by August 23rd.

As soon as I have anymore news, I will come back to you.

Apologies for the delay."

We'll see !!!!!????????
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 05:33

And so the Glitchgate saga continues...

Think they should append a hidden track at the end of Disc 2 which is Guilty 2011 with the bosses of Universal and Mercury providing the vocals.

GB
Profile PM WEB 
Sammy Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 13:33

Quote (BornInTheUK @ Aug. 19 2011, 12:33)
And so the Glitchgate saga continues...

Think they should append a hidden track at the end of Disc 2 which is Guilty 2011 with the bosses of Universal and Mercury providing the vocals.

GB

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

In all honesty, the new replacement disc "issue" is a very minor one - but we of all people should voice our opinion to the label...

I suppose we wouldn't be commenting here if we weren't thinking of Incantations as one of the most magical pieces of music conceived in the 70s... nay, ever.
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 14:37

i see someone has most likely claimed fixed version from universal without proof of purchase

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Sammy Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2011, 03:25

Just for the record - at least I wasn't required to provide any proof of purchase even though in my original email to UMG customer service I asked about it & even offered to send them the fawlty disc 1 if necessary. (I bought my Deluxe set from Amazon UK.)

They just sent me the replacement disc without any further ado.

Give cerdit when credit is due - even though the replacement disc is slightly marred by the new, slightly sloppily made patch edit, the UMG service was quick and friendly IMO.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2011, 04:38

Quote (Sammy @ Aug. 20 2011, 09:25)
Just for the record - at least I wasn't required to provide any proof of purchase even though in my original email to UMG customer service I asked about it & even offered to send them the fawlty disc 1 if necessary. (I bought my Deluxe set from Amazon UK.)

They just sent me the replacement disc without any further ado.

Give cerdit when credit is due - even though the replacement disc is slightly marred by the new, slightly sloppily made patch edit, the UMG service was quick and friendly IMO.

Well, at that point I think most of us agree.

But I don't know with what the people at UMG will come up with next week...

I still have a nasty taste in my mouth about the screw up they performed with the UE of TB...

Just hope that they've learned from it, and fix this one with some style....
Profile PM 
Sammy Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2011, 12:17

Quote (Reena @ Aug. 20 2011, 11:38)
Well, at that point I think most of us agree.

But I don't know with what the people at UMG will come up with next week...

Quite so - it seems a bit unlikely that they'd produce another replacement version.

Oh well. I'm currently listening to the new master for about the 20th time. It's such a wonderful piece of music - one almost feels ashamed of complaining about a tiny detail.

For what it's worth - I can easily live with the current (only very slightly marred) replacement version, it's not that. Not the end of the world, definitely! But as another post already stated earlier, it's partly a question of principle and that's why I think it's good that we have voiced our opinion to UMG - whether it actually leads to anything or not.
Profile PM 
doctorlard Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2011, 02:49

I disagree. I've spent good money over the usual odds for a supposedly Deluxe premium version of a CD, so I do not expect it to have more audible mastering errors on it than my ordinary common-or-garden original CD of Incantations. In fact, I don't expect it to have any audible mastering errors on it whatsoever. In fact, I do not expect any CD, expensive premium edition or not, to have audible mastering errors on it.

By putting up with your Deluxe edition with its audible mastering errors, you are granting Universal Music the licence to keep putting out shoddy products and to carry on treating their customers like petty thieves.
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2011, 05:37

Despite moaning on about the short version of Guilty I really like the cleaned up longer version - really nice and tight.   Dig that funky bass!  Extra "I'm Guilty" bits, lots of fun!:)  Some lovely new guitar at the end, woah!  I wonder why it needed to fade out a the end just as it was finishing?  Still, overall a great track.
Profile PM 
Sammy Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2011, 11:41

doctorlard, you got me somewhat wrong there. I only meant to say that at the end of the day there are worse things in life than a tiny error on a cd.

Nevertheless, as you may actually also read in my post, I completely agree with you on the principle of us, the paying customers, not having to put up with fawlty products. And indeed I have written UMG about this already. Trust you have also voiced your opinion to the company!
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2011, 12:06

has everyone got their replacement CD then?  I'm still waiting for mine although the replcement vinyl has arrived.
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2011, 12:22

Quote (captainjjb @ Aug. 21 2011, 12:06)
has everyone got their replacement CD then?  I'm still waiting for mine although the replcement vinyl has arrived.

I'm still waiting for my replacement CD. I've emailed Universal twice and more recently also emailed Support@Universal but have had no replies!  :(
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2011, 13:37

Here in Switzerland, CDs has arrived, but not vinyls!

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2011, 00:29

Quote (captainjjb @ Aug. 21 2011, 12:06)

Nope, not here State-Side! :(  Not that it matters really. Especially, if UMG is going to issue another replacement.  This would seem the most sensible option, at this point.  So far, they screwed up TB-09, and this one.  To my knowledge there was nothing wrong with HR or OM... thankfully!
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2011, 12:05

Now then, what about the glitch on Ommadawn. The change at 11:57 sounds like a slip of the mixing slider - definitely not a tape splice. Were the monkeys playing frisbee and knocked the control desk ?
Profile PM 
781 replies since June 01 2011, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (40) < ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net