Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (40) < ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations reissue available for pre-order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
yanouch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 06 2011, 18:33

Quote (Nacho @ Sep. 05 2011, 23:45)
The single disc edition contains the amended version here in Spain yet; but the cd is now also blue, as the Deluxe Edition cd, so the orange faulty disc is now a real rarity.  :)

Nacho

Are you telling us that that the replacement single edition is now blue and as the same matrix number as the Deluxe Edition, that is, 52781117?

Could you have a look at this please?

Thanks

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2011, 07:24

More from Universal support. I just called Universal Music in London and they'd never heard of Robin Thompson and he wasn't in their global directory either. Needless to say I've replied...

Thank you for your further note. I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the corrected remaster.  We have spoken again to the Incantations reissue team who, below, have explained more of the process and detail that has gone into this release.  I hope this information helps explain how the album has been created to the highest standard possible:

“Regarding the remastered edition of “Incantations”, working closely with Mike Oldfield wishes the original first generation 1978 1Ž4 inch master tapes of the album were used to produce the new remastered deluxe edition, complete with all original edits. Throughout, our intention was to remain true and faithful to the original master tapes and original edits all in accordance with Mike’s wishes, as has been the case with all of the remastered reissues of Mike Oldfield’s catalogue.  When original comments were made about an edit point on the original master tape appearing to glitch, this was duly repaired. The resulting new master remains completely faithful to the original master tapes and we are satisfied that this is the best reproduction that can be obtained from the original master tape sources. Due the paucity of master tape sources available (both 1Ž4 stereo masters and 2 inch multi-track tapes), something Mike has mentioned in press interviews recently, “Incantations” was always going to be the hardest of all of the albums in Mike Oldfield’s catalogue to revisit. The release was assembled with the same care applied to the reissues of “Tubular Bells”, “Hergest Ridge” and “Ommadawn”. Many satisfied fans have sent messages attesting to the fact that sonically, the deluxe edition of “Incantations” is the finest to be produced to date.”

I hope that this will offer you the explanation you require. In the event you are still not happy with the item we would suggest returning the item for a full refund. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate contacting us.
Kind regards
Robin Thompson
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2011, 12:54

Finally after 5 weeks or so after my original request I've received my replacement disc. Hooray!  :)
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2011, 03:16

There's a lot you could say about this latest release and I am sure we are all still absorbing the new and familiar sounds but two parts are standing clear in my mind at this moment.

There's the thoughtful calm and settled reflectiveness of Piano Improvisation that is just so very, very pretty...I know I will play this a lot.  It is everything I love about piano music. And Mike does it so well.

And by way of a contrast ( and I do love a good contrast!  ) is the playful and high-spirited Wreckorder Wrondo that just has this unmistakable sense of fun.  The way it builds with each additional instrument taking it's part is a real sharing of the fun. I Love it. Classic Oldfield.  It just makes me smile  :)

Marvellous.

Two distinct aspects of Mike's personality I'm wondering?

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 08 2011, 06:05

Well said Bee.
Both sides of the coin.  
I too am enjoying the extras disc  :)

And my glitchy disc too
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2011, 12:29

Quote (yanouch65 @ Sep. 07 2011, 00:33)
Quote (Nacho @ Sep. 05 2011, 23:45)
The single disc edition contains the amended version here in Spain yet; but the cd is now also blue, as the Deluxe Edition cd, so the orange faulty disc is now a real rarity.  :)

Nacho

Are you telling us that that the replacement single edition is now blue and as the same matrix number as the Deluxe Edition, that is, 52781117?

Could you have a look at this please?

Thanks

Hi Yannick , just to clarify things:

Summary:
- 1st Edition simple cd: catalogue 533 463 – 6 – matrix number: 52759661 – color cd: orange. (skip in 12:38)
- 2nd Edition simple cd: catalogue 533 463 – 6 – matrix number: 52781216 – color cd: blue. (accelerated tempo in vibraphone at 12:40)

- 1st Deluxe Edition: catalogue 533 463 – 8 – matrix number: 52757295
- 2nd Deluxe Edition : catalogue 533 463 – 8 – matrix number: 52781117 (same as replacement Universal CD)
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2011, 14:19

Thank you Nacho

You are right..."the orange faulty disc is now a real rarity"

Regards

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2011, 06:52

lucky that i managed to order also 1cd version before replacements so i have orange cd now also.

but why dont universal deliver proper replacements for 1cd versions...both i got was for deluxe edition. so i have to buy again 1cd edition to get new blue disc with 1cd catalog number.

has anyone tried to buy from play.com does it still deliver orange cds or have they replaced to blue ones?

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2011, 12:45

Anybody have tried to peel off that black sticker from the cover of the digipak. Is there any chance to damage the digipak and better leave it as it is?
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 04:18

Quote (equinoxe @ Sep. 12 2011, 12:45)
Anybody have tried to peel off that black sticker from the cover of the digipak. Is there any chance to damage the digipak and better leave it as it is?

I peeled my deluxe edition sticker off with no problems whatsoever. The trick is to pull the sticker from the start line at the back of the case and also to do it very slowly. That's why these newer deluxe editions have a different (unglossy) finish so that the sticker won't peel the shine off.
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 07:21

I also managed to peel the small black sticker from the front cover carefully. It left no marks on the sleeve. The trick is not to dig your nail too hard into the sticker and case when first peeling it.
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 08:52

Just peeled it off. No problems. Must say this is a good idea to replace that plastic slider to a tape. My first three Deluxe Editions has worn out edges :/ Really sad thing.
Profile PM 
rusinurbe Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2011, 08:01

Quote (equinoxe @ Sep. 14 2011, 08:52)
Just peeled it off. No problems. Must say this is a good idea to replace that plastic slider to a tape. My first three Deluxe Editions has worn out edges :/ Really sad thing.

I beg to differ its not deluxe having a sticker rather than a slip case. At least with the slip case you have the option of removing and leaving off with the sticker there is the chance that the cover will get torn especailly at the folds.

What i also dont like is the fact that the third disc is an after thought tucked inside the cover rather than its own digi-holder.

And dont get me started on Dolby as the only surround option!!!
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2011, 12:39

Ooh look, even Wikipedia thinks the second pressing is faulty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incantations_(album)#Disc_1
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2011, 13:49

@ pauken: it was actually me who added that bit about the glitches to the Wikipedia article. :D Wikipedia is written by people like you and me - it's definitely not the Bible. :p But what I wrote is just the objective truth.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2011, 04:52

Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 15 2011, 13:49)
@ pauken: it was actually me who added that bit about the glitches to the Wikipedia article. :D Wikipedia is written by people like you and me - it's definitely not the Bible. :p But what I wrote is just the objective truth.

Aha! I knew someone would own up to it ;)
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2011, 21:04

Finally heard this thing, Incantations 2011. It was no big deal, but thats just me........

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 08:08

Still haven't listened to it  :D

Oh my I actually call myself a fan  :)
I should be punished by the Mike Oldfield squad   :)

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 18:38

@ Scatterplot: of course it's no big deal. The album itself was not remixed, just remastered. The big fuss was over the glitch(es). :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2011, 03:45

Not to sound like a defector, but in the last year or so, I only find myself listening to my fav. excerpts or shorter songs by MO. I wish I was one of the young new fans, but it's like after listening since 1973 to MO, I'm burned out(same with many other acts, don't feel bad Mike). I cant see me listening to Incantations in it's entirety(or Ommadawn or Amarok) for a long time. But the Hiawatha part on side 2 and git solo on side 3......hell yeah....twice a year. But that's just me.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
781 replies since June 01 2011, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (40) < ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net