Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (40) < ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations reissue available for pre-order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
0+1(I1) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 28 2011, 13:01

Quote (Sammy @ Aug. 28 2011, 19:05)
[quote=
Notes to self

1) Send a critical email re: the replacement patch job to Universal - check.
2) Warn potential buyers on Forum that there's still a spanner in the works - check.
3) Cast a happy glance at cd rack with three different cd incarnations of the album - check.
4) Reminisce happily about the vinyl you played so much that eventually you could hear parts 1 & 2 simultaneously - check.
5) Stop worrying and bickering about something you can't really change anymore - check. (Slap face in process, check.)
6) Continue enjoying "Incantations" like you've done for the past 25 years or so - check.
7) Leave thread, stop sounding like a broken record, refrain from any further comments about the issue - check.

IF YOU CAN COME UP WITH MORE GEMS LIKE THIS ONE?

4) Reminisce happily about the vinyl you played so much that eventually you could hear parts 1 & 2 simultaneously - check.  MATE thats a good one!.

This for the record is the sort of comment that mends any day and threads a lighter note onto a rather monotonous life so please Sammy continue to break our boredom with the odd "ha ha".  Broken record re issued till the thread wears thin.

So come on people lets get this all into perspective there are people out there without food or & water! there are people suffering unimaginable physical & mental pain.

LET US NOT GO TO WAR OVER THIS! LIVE TO BE HAPPY !!!. Satisfied, enjoy what you have in the knowledge that others have nothing & spend your time thinking of not yourselves but others & how you can help them! find/get a piece of the peace you have.

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2011, 15:36

Quote (Olly @ Aug. 28 2011, 07:25)
Come On. This glitch thing is quite amusing. If there is a glitch in master tape, then it is there! Personally I don't care much of it. What should Mike to do? Play and record again the whole thing?

Of course he can't record the whole thing again. But it's perfectly possible to fix the problem without glitches, it just hasn't been done. If the mastering engineer had spent another 20 minutes or so doing it properly, we'd have no issue whatsoever, that's the maddening thing. It'd be SO SIMPLE for them to have done it right. I've done it myself so there's no reason a professional mastering engineer can't do it.

I spoke to another mastering engineer the other day (one who's familiar with Mike Oldfield's work) and explained the situation to him and he made it very clear to me that the mastering house (The Audio Archiving Company) is almost certainly 100% responsible for this, rather than someone at Universal Music, as they are the ones who prepare the CD and vinyl masters for printing. Interesting. No wonder they didn't answer my emails :)
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2011, 03:16

I think we have a right to be a little upset....and keep on.
£50 spent and still not a fixed version on Cd and vinyl....
It really wasnt that much to ask....

The thing that I cant believe is how little regard MO had for the re master..just listen to the radio 6 interview.... he was almost
suggesting that it was a waste of time.
NO WONDER he didnt listen to it ...to sign it off....

Still we have a nice bit of artwork to look at when we play the original CD and vinyl !!!!!!!!!!!...whatever next!
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2011, 15:27

Anybody know, if Platinum Deluxe Edition will be released in this year??? Just can't wait!
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2011, 18:44

Quote (Ugo @ Aug. 26 2011, 18:47)
However, talking about glitches, there's a mistake in the booklet that no-one (so far) seems to have noticed. (It's there in the Deluxe Edition, I don't know whether it's on the single-disc booklet as well.) The "Hymn to Diana" (or "Ode to Cynthia") lyrics in Part 4 were written in 1599 by English poet Ben Jonson, yet the booklet credits them to Ben Johnson - the famous 'doped' Canadian sprinter. :D It's not a typo, as it appears twice - once in a page, once in another - so whoever typed out the credits just didn't know the correct spelling of the poet's name. :p

I've just noticed another one. The sleeve notes say that Hergest Ridge was recorded at The Beacon but it wasn't, it was recorded at The Manor, although he was living at The Beacon at the time.
Profile PM 
doctorlard Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2011, 19:46

So come on people lets get this all into perspective there are people out there without food or & water! there are people suffering unimaginable physical & mental pain.

This is irrelevant.

Massive transnational media corporations like Vivendi couldn't give a monkey's about global poverty or the welfare of citizens. If we were purchasing this flawed and expensive product from Oxfam or the Salvation Army, in the knowledge that it was for a good cause, then obviously it would be a different story, and this sentiment would be valid.

However, since record labels are by-and-large a bunch of evil parasitic pointy-haired middle-management car salesmen, they deserve absolutely no respect, no mercy and certainly no leniency.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 29 2011, 20:17

Deluxe Ed and Vynyl finally arrived in Oz.
Surely a plastic wrap like the previous Editions had would of been a good move.
Can't see this packaging lasting.
Don't think I'll bother getting a replacement disc for the glitchy gumme :laugh:
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2011, 03:08

Someone in Spain reported that he asked last thursday the Deluxe Edition to Amazon, and he just received and CD1 is the amended cd with the replacement "2nd glitch" ed... so they have changed cds yet!
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2011, 12:27

Quote (Sammy @ Aug. 24 2011, 06:47)
Quote (neil-h @ Aug. 24 2011, 11:27)
I'm hoping that the delay is due to a newer version being pressed up to eliminate all previous glitches, but probably unlikely.

That's what I was hoping, too - but alas it was not to be.

Hope you'll at least get the replacement copy; if it's any consolation the "new" glitch is not quite as noticeable as the first one. But it is there.

Apparently, the engineers and the production team are "satisfied" so that must mean they can't even hear it, which is very alarming indeed. Oh dear.

I've finally got a reply from Universal Music (ref. a replacement CD). Apparently they never received my original emails!

The only way I managed to get their attention was to fill out a contact form on the Universal Music Store website and then I received a reply saying my details would be forwarded onto MK Customer Services who today replied saying they would send a replacement. It's this messing about chasing replacements etc. that takes the edge off this CD release.

I hope Universal are much more careful with future Deluxe Editions, especially as they also bodged up the mastering on a CD of a Level 42 box set I bought last year - some of the tracks were accidentally mastered in mono!
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2011, 13:31

Quote (neil-h @ Aug. 30 2011, 17:27)
... they also bodged up the mastering on a CD of a Level 42 box set I bought last year - some of the tracks were accidentally mastered in mono!

That is quite unbelievable. If I was to provide a service as unreliable as this, I'd have no work ! :O
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2011, 00:38

Ive had a look around the Gold Coast and now Sydney for a copy to no avail. So I resorted to iTunes...no problems with any glitch on this version. I will have to wait until I next go back to England (October/November) to buy "Proper" Copies.

Ive not read through this thread at all, apart from this page, but I have to say I find the new drummer used on the Diana tracks and Guilty totally over the top and irritating.....no doubt he is a fine percusionist, but I find his drumming a bit crashy and scratchy and as I said over the top literally, kind of ruins a new slant on old themes (maybe Milamber would have been a better choice?)....I love the choral repititions and the changes in tempo on the Diana's.....the rest of the album is pretty good...but we knew that anyway.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2011, 04:58

Quote (Hastengas @ Aug. 31 2011, 00:38)
Ive had a look around the Gold Coast and now Sydney for a copy to no avail. So I resorted to iTunes...no problems with any glitch on this version. I will have to wait until I next go back to England (October/November) to buy "Proper" Copies.

Ive not read through this thread at all, apart from this page, but I have to say I find the new drummer used on the Diana tracks and Guilty totally over the top and irritating.....no doubt he is a fine percusionist, but I find his drumming a bit crashy and scratchy and as I said over the top literally, kind of ruins a new slant on old themes (maybe Milamber would have been a better choice?)....I love the choral repititions and the changes in tempo on the Diana's.....the rest of the album is pretty good...but we knew that anyway.

The drummer on the Diana's is not a person.  It is a computer.  He must have used Logic, Garage Band, or Protools.  Possibly, he used Frooty Loops.  They sound like the samples I have on my Logic 9 and Garage Band for MAC.  Personally, I LOVE the new drum track :)  

As for the track Guilty, Mike didn't add anything.  In fact, he subtracted quite a bit.  He took out all the reverb and effects... giving us the actual track as it was played by the studio musicians in NYC.  

Hope this helps :)  Cheers
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2011, 06:22

I thought he had mentioned using a drummer recently via Skype....Ive had another listen to Guilty and it sounds very very similiar to the Diana tracks.....havent changed my opinion though, still sounds a bit ott.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2011, 07:08

Quote (Hastengas @ Aug. 31 2011, 11:22)
I thought he had mentioned using a drummer recently via Skype....

That's for new material he's working on apparantley.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2011, 16:24

Quote (Hastengas @ Aug. 31 2011, 06:22)
I thought he had mentioned using a drummer recently via Skype....Ive had another listen to Guilty and it sounds very very similiar to the Diana tracks.....havent changed my opinion though, still sounds a bit ott.

At 3:30 he has added a new drum loop. The tribal percussion starting at 1:30 is from the original recording. Maybe looped or edited but it's the bodhran and clap that can be heard on the 1978 recording.
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2011, 22:38

thanks for your input chaps...
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2011, 05:45

All righty,bought my deluxe edition a few weeks ago,asked for my replacement disc - haven't recieved yet,although my replacement vinyl has just arrived.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
doctorlard Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2011, 08:38

Looks like the useless pricks at UMG aren't budging. This is therefore the last thing I ever purchase from them.

Hi Mr Harker
Thanks for your message.
We're sorry to hear you are not completely satisfied with your order from us, you may return this to us for a full refund if you would prefer.
Our returns address is:

Customer Returns,
Norbert Dentressangle Logistics UK,
c/o Universal Music,
Stafford Park,
10 Telford TF3 3AB.
United Kingdom

Please ensure to include your order reference number, billing contact details and the reason for return. You will receive an automated email from us on receipt of receiving the order.
Unfortunately this is not free post, however we will reimburse any postage costs involved in sending this back to us, and via replied email, please let us know how much that was.
Please accept our apologies for this.
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2011, 13:20

I totally agree. . >
UMG .......Absolute money grabbing, box shifters !!!!

Tough one what to do....
Obviously nobody connected to MO is worried that this great piece of music is being butchered and sold under MO's name.

They have us over a barrel, but it really has soured the whole
re-issues.... we are so being fed s**t for UMG and being asked to be grateful....
I REALLY want MO to stop this nonsense and get on with a new CD.....as much as I want all the lovely things that UMG have in their vaults...not if they cannot be even delivered glitch free.....
COME ON MR M OLDFIELD >>>> SOMEBODY LET HIM IN ON WHAT IS GOING ON HIS NAME !!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the useless pricks at UMG aren't budging. This is therefore the last thing I ever purchase from them.

Hi Mr Harker
Thanks for your message.
We're sorry to hear you are not completely satisfied with your order from us, you may return this to us for a full refund if you would prefer.
Our returns address is:

Customer Returns,
Norbert Dentressangle Logistics UK,
c/o Universal Music,
Stafford Park,
10 Telford TF3 3AB.
United Kingdom

Please ensure to include your order reference number, billing contact details and the reason for return. You will receive an automated email from us on receipt of receiving the order.
Unfortunately this is not free post, however we will reimburse any postage costs involved in sending this back to us, and via replied email, please let us know how much that was.
Please accept our apologies for this.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2011, 13:51

Quote (Bell Boy @ Sep. 01 2011, 18:20)
I REALLY want MO to stop this nonsense and get on with a new CD.....as much as I want all the lovely things that UMG have in their vaults...not if they cannot be even delivered glitch free.....
COME ON MR M OLDFIELD >>>> SOMEBODY LET HIM IN ON WHAT IS GOING ON HIS NAME !!!!!!!!!!

Hear hear. Enough!

To be honest I lost interest in this remastering lark some time ago. The 12.12 incident on Hergest Ridge was a heart sink..

I think Mike is out of touch with his fans. He lives in a bubble on a paradise island with no connection to real people.

I don't particularly want to live in the past waiting for a new remastered oldie every year. I want a new tune. Even a chillout - whatever suits him. He's the boss.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
781 replies since June 01 2011, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (40) < ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net