Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (40) < ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations reissue available for pre-order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
yanouch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 12:18

Did you receive only the cd or the complete box?

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 12:28

Just the CD in a clear cd-single case.
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 12:41

Don't know if anybody mention that before. There is a little fault of the sound in the "Diana" track on Disc 2. You can easly listen this at about 0:15 and it's like a little speeded up for a small fraction of a second. Well to me it sound like there was a little inequality of the tape during a processing...Don't know, but noticed this today, when listening by the headphones. It's really barelly audible, so not a big problem.

Don't know what i should to do with my faulty Disc 1. I haven't bought Deluxe Edition directly from Universal, and don't know, if i can count to a replacing disc. The second thing is that i have read there isn't that glitch anymore, but then there is a new faulty sound on this new disc... Don't know what to do. Is there any person on the forum, who didn't replaced the faulty disc? Maybe i will keep it with the glitch...
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 12:46

Quote (Bell Boy @ Aug. 12 2011, 12:11)
BUT haven't had any reply from Universal regarding the  vinyl...
Even though Ive emailed them 3 times....

me neither
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 12:52

Quote (captainjjb @ Aug. 12 2011, 12:46)
Quote (Bell Boy @ Aug. 12 2011, 12:11)
BUT haven't had any reply from Universal regarding the  vinyl...
Even though Ive emailed them 3 times....

me neither

My vinyl copies were damaged by Royal Mail and I've sent several emails to Universal about this and they've confirmed to me they'll be sending replacements at some point soon when they're available. I assume they're waiting for the vinyl to be re-pressed from the fixed Master. Keep emailing them at support@universal-music.co.uk and you'll get a reply eventually.

The last two replies I got were:

On Wednesday:
"Can I ask that you keep hold of your signed edition vinyl's (signature located on inner sleeve of vinyl) as when your receive your re-mastered copy, these will not be signed. You will then be able to swap the sleeves over, so you have a signed copy and the re-mastered version, then you can return the faulty goods."

and

Today:
"I can confirm that 2 new copies of this vinyl will be dispatched to you shortly."
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 13:18

Quote (pauken @ Aug. 12 2011, 10:46)
I received my replacement CD today. Yay! The glitch at 12'38'' is now fixed which is nice. However, I may be imagining things but I don't think I am, I can hear a smaller, much less obvious glitch now at 12'40'' which wasn't there before. Does anybody else hear it? The second entrance of the double clap and sleighbells is ever so slightly early as if a tiny bit has been chopped out. It's very slight though and nothing like as noticeable.

There is something very slight, but I didn't mention it as I was the first to mention the glitch and wished I hadn't! :) I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been listening very specifically to this bit and it doesn't interrupt the rhythm which is what I found distracting.
Profile PM 
Cudsie Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 16:18

I'm very pleased at the relative speed Universal have corrected the error and sent out replacement discs.

For the record I ordered my copy from Amazon UK but Universal still sent me a replacement - it actually now advises this on the Amazon site so don't delay!

You can hear where they have probably patched the offending few seconds - at 12:33 there is a noticeable increase in background hiss - as if they have gone to a different source (probably the old HDCD master) the (very) slight early hand clap at 12:40 is probably where they came out of the old master and it reverts back to the 2011 remaster.

Its not perfect but I think its the best that could be done.

I still prefer the HDCD master though - I like the brightness and clarity of it over the filtered 2011 remaster.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 16:30

Quote (spark @ Aug. 12 2011, 12:48)
Hi Pat ,
Yes I contacted Universal  but didnt buy it from them. Its the same blue label as the original , might have a different number on the inner disc but I havnt checked .

Thanks Spark - so all I have to to is wait  :)
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 17:50

!!!!!!!!!!!!  What are the fools at Universal doing..>!!!!!

There is NOW a different GLITCH in the new CD I received today.. at 12.43... IT jumps out of time ...
Its as the claps come in.....
ITS just a BAD cheap edit by somebody who tried to repair the old fault !!
Ive spent 30 years making music, and doing edits digitally and analogue, and there is NO excuse for such a sloppy edit..
They must have asked the tea boy to do it...and just signed it off...
I cant believe the way such a classic bit of music is being treated by MO and Universal....

Its just plain rubbish that MO has listened and signed this remaster off...as explained by his total lack of interest of "remastering" in the latest BBC radio 6 interview.

ABSOLUTE **** !!!!!!!!!

Here we go again with emails....UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVENT BOUGHT THIS YET  ....DONT !!!!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 17:56

I'm very pleased at the relative speed Universal have corrected the error and sent out replacement discs.

Yes, they have been very responsive to the issue.

You can hear where they have probably patched the offending few seconds - at 12:33 there is a noticeable increase in background hiss - as if they have gone to a different source (probably the old HDCD master) the (very) slight early hand clap at 12:40 is probably where they came out of the old master and it reverts back to the 2011 remaster.

Its not perfect but I think its the best that could be done.

I don't agree it's the best that could be done at all. I've managed to edit together a COMPLETELY glitch free version of the track using the new "fixed" version and then cutting back to the first version after that first glitch to patch over the new smaller glitch that's appeared. I did this using the free program "Audacity" with no problem at all so I really fail to see how a professional mastering house can not get it right.

Looking at the two versions on the screen, you can see the missing audio clearly from the first version and it's possible to see a very small missing section in the replacement version at about 12'40.5''. Oh well, I've got a properly glitch free version now so I'm happy :D
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2011, 00:39

I haven't received my replacement.  Mind you, post to the US is a bit slower.  Universal was very responsive.  However, if there is a new glitch and a bad patch job, then it is their responsibility to permanently fix this issue, not ours, using Audacity or any other program!  I guess I will find an old copy of the HDCD and buy that, second hand!  I won't pipe anymore money into Mike's pocket until he takes charge of his record company and gives them a damn good lashing!  He is the legend... they should be lucky to have someone of Mike's talent on their label!!!
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2011, 06:13

Im getting a bit sick of all this glitch business !

Years ago you bought the vinyl , you took it home , you put it on your turntable , you listened to it , it had surfice noise , crackels , pops and small scratches but it had the music you wanted and we enjoyed it .

I think all these Glitches are becoming a little to boring and we should all get a life and maybe check out an old copy on lovely old vinyl .
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2011, 07:49

For me the first CD doesn't count much... I have "Incantations" released as a Japanese mini LP replica (btw. this is exactly the 2000 HDCD version, but in much nicer packaging), so i don't really care about new remaster. Much more valuable and a really important to me is the second disc, and i'am happy to have all those rarities on cd. So i decided not to replacing the faulty disc 1 to a new one.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2011, 14:36

I managed to make my own fixed version by splicing in the beginning of the corresponding slap from the following bars (just before the bass kicks in) using Samplitude. Though this is kind of cheating, there´s hardly any difference to the old CD version that I loaded into the second Samplitude track to get the timing right - except for a faint touch of the first bass note.
Talking about differences - looping the part around the glitch over and over again, I noticed a faint click in the bar before the glitch, which didn't exist in the old CD version.
In addition, as may be obvious from the track lengths, the new mix is a little faster than the old CD mix, so I had to time-compress the old mix by a few seconds to get them into best sync.

Apart from that, I'm still waiting for Universal to ship the fixed CD to Germany, after they sent me the well-known reply to my compliant via the online-shop feedback form (although I bought my copy at amazon.uk).
Profile PM WEB 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2011, 16:10

Quote (spark @ Aug. 13 2011, 06:13)
Im getting a bit sick of all this glitch business !

Years ago you bought the vinyl , you took it home , you put it on your turntable , you listened to it , it had surfice noise , crackels , pops and small scratches but it had the music you wanted and we enjoyed it .

I think all these Glitches are becoming a little to boring and we should all get a life and maybe check out an old copy on lovely old vinyl .

You are probably right.  the other problem is that Universal and MO will think "oh its more trouble that its worth doing these re-issues, lets give up".  Although I personally stop at Incantations others of you are still awaiting Platinum onwards.......
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2011, 19:01

I wonder when the next wave of glitches is due :)
Ok - so I'm a little disappointed in the remix (and I don't even listen to the 5.1 mix), but like others have said, the little gems among the extras makes it worthwhile for me, and I'll play the HDCD version of this and Ommadawn when I want to hear it at it's best. (I do enjoy the HR remix more than the original though) It's not ideal, but it's probably the best we're gonna get in todays cd market. As with most companies these days, they'll be highly paid managers making these decisions, but poorly paid monkeys preparing the product further down the line. Many of us with free software could do a better job, but the quality control isn't there in these companies, so we get what the monkeys produce.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2011, 02:48

I did not receive my replacements ( both CD and vinyl ) yet, but I assume that at least the replacement CD is on it's way, reading your comments.

As for the quality : I guess this is the best that we can expect these days.
Although it is not the high standard that the fans of this kind of music want (I think it's fair enough to say that fans like us are actually listening quite a bit more intense to music, than for example the fans of Kate Perry...), I still want to order the next "wave" of re-issues...
Because I'm a fan, I want it all... Being such a fan brings along the risk of getting disappointed every now and then....
When you are not a fan, your demands will be less, I think.

Speaking of that next "wave": that is probably going to be just Platinum or Exposed, because the wave of re-issues announced for july 2011 contained Incantations, and nothing more...  ;)
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2011, 03:50

Quote (Reena @ Aug. 14 2011, 02:48)
Although it is not the high standard that the fans of this kind of music want (I think it's fair enough to say that fans like us are actually listening quite a bit more intense to music, than for example the fans of Kate Perry...), I still want to order the next "wave" of re-issues...

Well said... :) But i think, anybody, who loves to listen music, want to have a product withouht the glitches. I listen to a different types of music and have a quite amount of cd's. Love especially future electronic music like idm, dub, ambient from such record labels as Warp Records, Ant-Zen, Hymen Records, n5MD, and must say, that never noticed any faults in sound, and i like to listen mainly with a headphones on my head... I don't know if my thoughts are correct, but i think the best possible sound is always on the first pressings, when they issue a new album, because all material is fresh and checked many times through a production process...
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2011, 06:14

I know its seems that we are sounding ungrateful ,by going on about the GLICHES.....BUT
Its just reflects the attitude and  lack of respect given to the music by Universal....
Did MO sign off the repair ..I doubt it... cos Universal couldnt be arsed to send it to him...OR even dont want to alert him off what has happened...
If it was my music that was being butchered and put out in my name ..I would go up the wall..
I just hope that they havent re pressed the vinyl with this dodgy edit...cos I really want a good version on vinyl....
I just hope that MO see's all this and gives Universal a hard time...as I dont want to believe that he would allow this to happen to his music.
Profile PM 
alejandra Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2011, 08:59

Well, maybe you don't want to believe it, but by all accounts it has happened TWICE. And how can he NOT know about it if the new master has been re-approved by the man himself? I have not heard the new "repair", but if there is something fishy again...well, yes, then he DOESN'T care very much these days.
Profile PM 
781 replies since June 01 2011, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (40) < ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net