Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (40) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations reissue available for pre-order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 137 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 21 2011, 14:01

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ July 21 2011, 16:41)
Quote (stpaul @ July 21 2011, 15:18)
There're new excerpts on the jpc.de shop site:

if you listen to Hiawatha 2011 Remix it seems that the voice was tweaked with autotune or a similar plug-in :-(

Ugh ! You're absolutey right  :(

AH So grasshopper.
Yew have bought thur noo vursiun only t' hear its been messed with.
So that increases thur value of me original double album VINYL versiun.

Thank you to all who have bought it, increased Mikes revenue, and  the record company.
To leave us thinking......................well when Mike wrote it, engineered it, recorded it, and produced it. He put it on two vinyl albums and sold it to us sounding the best it could in its day. Soooo why f..k that up. :/
Profile PM 
alejandra Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 15:13

Couldn't it be the case that the supposed 5.1 Incantations selections are in fact different versions recorded at the time but not released? The Hiawatha track sounds to me a little bit different from the official one and maybe not due to manipulation. Maybe it's a different track. And if the canon is also a new version then we have zero real 5.1 remixes of the original Incantations tracks.
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 16:03

Quote (alejandra @ July 21 2011, 21:13)
Couldn't it be the case that the supposed 5.1 Incantations selections are in fact different versions recorded at the time but not released? The Hiawatha track sounds to me a little bit different from the official one and maybe not due to manipulation. Maybe it's a different track. And if the canon is also a new version then we have zero real 5.1 remixes of the original Incantations tracks.

THUR WAS NO 5.1 bake in thur day when Mike gave us the best copy to be had. THE HONEST one when he damn near broke my bank t' pay for it.
And it was expensive.
It was half a weeks wages when I BOUGHT IT.
Engineered to the highest standard he could get back then. Sooooo why f..k it up ?
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 16:07

I remember a scene from the all you need is love documentary showing Mike Oldfield playing Northumbrian pipes i think it was in the making of ommadawn clip somewhere. So maybe Mike Played them himself.
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 16:09

well I'm off back to the theme parc called Incantations-Land tomorrow for 2 weeks - well, the Island of Menorca really.  But the visual birthplace of Incantations, Cala Pregonda, will certainly get a visit.  My copies of the new edition will no doubt wait at the Post Office until I get back.  You lot enjoy! Whatever the result I'm glad it is getting some attention, might well win some more folks over to believe that this is Mike's masterpiece.
Profile PM 
daznug Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 16:12

Got my email today from HMV that it's been dispatched. 2 to 5 days delivery time. I'm away Saturday morning before post arrives- bugger.  Am looking forward to Platinum release especially for Blue Peter and all it's variants. The Blue Peter special was my first exposure to MO and is a very fond memory of my childhood. I hope that is released with extras - commentary and in blu-ray HD and outakes.

In the meatime I'll be overjoyed with remastered Incantations - an outstanding work. Daz.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 16:58

"Engineered to the highest standard he could get back then. Sooooo why f..k it up ?"
    I concur.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 17:08

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 21 2011, 22:58)
"Engineered to the highest standard he could get back then. Sooooo why f..k it up ?"
    I concur.

Thankyou Scatterplot. I'll be leaving now.

JUST one last word. Every time I have bought a Japanese motorcycle.........a year later it has ALWAYS been dated by the new decals and paint job.
What has happened is they de..valued it.
Its a clever marketing ploy.

The British motor cycle companies never did this. When they made a product it was worth valueing for life.

Well I value all the MO vinyl editions I recently gave to my son. Not tinkered with and very honest.

What are we letting ourselves become when we gladly fund a fast buck.
:/
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 17:12

Had another peek in HMV today.  Unless I've forgotten that my visit was at the weekend before release last year, this time there is no 'OUT ON MONDAY' label on a divider in the Oldfield section.  Perhaps I needed to order it to alert them.

Amazon seem convinced it's Monday again.  I wondered as I've not seen any reviews in flicking through the July magazines.  If the link stpaul had to the promo CD booklet on ebay is a clue to when review copies might have been made available... Oh, I haven't got a clue.

Record Collector is one that has reviews after release so I'd guess ( as ever! ) that the issue in mid-September will be the Miketastic one.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 17:24

I have only literally JUST realised it's not a 2011 remix, it's only a remaster.

:(((((((((((((((((((((

I was SO looking forward to this.

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 17:26

Deluxe Edition out today in Switzerland!!!!

The CD which contains the rarities is the most interesting, in my opinion

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 21 2011, 22:29

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ July 21 2011, 05:24)
If you search Mike Oldfield on twitter,I've seen recently two users saying that they were supposed to interview him - one is for Record Collector,the other for a US music website (!!!!;) called The Quietus.

BTW,my order seems to have been shipped.Let's wait and see.

A friend got an offer to interview him for "Drowned In Sound" but didn't go for it. Think he was worried about being too much of a fan, not enough of an interviewer.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Highlander Offline

Posted: July 22 2011, 06:07

Mine has arrived - playing now. No plastic 'Deluxe' cover this time, just a sticker that you have to pull off to get into the discs! Nice write up in the booklet. The remaster sounds good without examining it in detail yet, and the DVD is better presented than the previous ones.
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: July 22 2011, 06:24

Arghhh!!!!! Track 4 - 12:36 & 12:38, double skip in the remastering. Unforgivable!!!! That just about proves to me that the issue with Ommadawn was technical, not artistic, both on the stereo and 5.1 version.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: July 22 2011, 06:55

iTunes tracks up.

Hiawatha still sound bad ....

iTunes - Incantations Deluxe
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: July 22 2011, 07:14

Please can someone check itunes and the vinyl and check if the Track 4 - 12:36 & 12:38 double skip is on all formats.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 22 2011, 07:20

Confirmation sent email for both signed and deluxe today.

Very soon all questions will be answered.

Very much looking forward to this  :)
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 22 2011, 08:54

http://gallery.mac.com/johnpconnor#100047/Signed%20Incantations&bgcolor=black

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: July 22 2011, 09:34

Quote (yanouch65 @ July 22 2011, 08:54)

http://gallery.mac.com/johnpco....]

That's a pretty decent signature  :)
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: July 22 2011, 10:30

I've just got the album in my hands now. The remaster sounds very good, I'll report more when finished listening.
The sleeve notes are very informative regarding the genesis of Incantations and Mike's state of mind during the recording. It seems on first reading that his Exegesis had less impact musically on Incantations than assumed. As reported earlier the sleeve notes don't shed any light on the previously unknown tracks.

I'll have a links to my Flickr page with some photos a little later ..
Profile PM 
781 replies since June 01 2011, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (40) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net