Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Important question to put to you all< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ThisName Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 25 2007, 09:40

Hi everyone, as you may or may not know, I have just completed a full analysis of Ommadawn which is viewable on this site.

I am interested in completing other essays on his music but need to see if the demand matches the amount of work involved.

I put the prospect to you that I would like to sell my essays to those wishing to buy them, although the Ommadawn essay is available here, I would sell a hard copy to those who wished to buy one.

My question is, are people interested in purchasing this essay, and the prospect of buying future essays?

As much as I would like to offer these writings for free, the time it takes to do obviously requires some incentive to me.

I just wanted to get some feedback from people as to if it is worth my time to continue.

I would like to write my next analysis on Hergest Ridge.

Let me know your thoughts, and if I dare, an amount that you think would be reasonable to accept for these essays.

Best

Ryan

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 31 2007, 16:34

I've been thinking about this over a few days, I guess really it depends upon demand, I would say that up to £5 per essay is a reasonable price.  Yep I'd be interested in reading more essays , even if I don't fully understand the musical terminology.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Jameson Kimball Offline

Posted: June 12 2007, 11:26

i throughly enjoyed your analysis, and would gladly pay for more. i would love to read analysis on SODE, Tubular Bells 2, and Hergest Ridge. i too, would pay 5 (well im in USA) wat evers, to read more amazing and deep insights into Mike Oldfields music.

--------------
www.soundcloud.com/jamesonkimball
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2007, 11:06

Quote (ThisName @ May 25 2007, 09:40)
Hi everyone, as you may or may not know, I have just completed a full analysis of Ommadawn which is viewable on this site.

I am interested in completing other essays on his music but need to see if the demand matches the amount of work involved.

I put the prospect to you that I would like to sell my essays to those wishing to buy them, although the Ommadawn essay is available here, I would sell a hard copy to those who wished to buy one.

My question is, are people interested in purchasing this essay, and the prospect of buying future essays?

As much as I would like to offer these writings for free, the time it takes to do obviously requires some incentive to me.

I just wanted to get some feedback from people as to if it is worth my time to continue.

I would like to write my next analysis on Hergest Ridge.

Let me know your thoughts, and if I dare, an amount that you think would be reasonable to accept for these essays.

Best

Ryan

Are you allowed to do that hun? I would check first.
Profile PM 
3 replies since May 25 2007, 09:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net