Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Image of Mike on cover< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 00:20

It has been suggested to me by someone that there is a very vague image of Mike, side profile playing a guitar, hidden in the clouds on the cover of FMO. I can't see it myself but I only have a disc from the legendary masters series so it is even a smaller picture than on the original cd cover. Can anyone else see it?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 00:44

Nope, can't see it myself. I've got the LP cover so you'd think I'd see it if it were there. It must be very vague indeed

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 16:34

I suppose you can see a lot of things in there if you're looking for them, but I've looked at the LP cover for a few minutes now and couldn't make out a guitar player anywhere. Will have another look sometime though.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 16:53

I seem to remember seeing an image where someone had outlined it. I'm not sure if it was an outline of Mike playing the guitar or just a face (something makes me think it was more like the latter), but really, either way, I'd agree with Holger - you an find whatever you want to in a semi-random pattern like that, if you look hard enough. I think it's just one of those myths which goes around...and of course, fans enjoy such things, and hey, why not? :)
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2004, 17:30

A bit like when one was a child and after a while staring at some floral or textured wallpaper you would see a face that put the shits up you,there but not really there then when you couldn't see it it you'd search it out again just to find it still scared the crapola out of you.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2005, 03:28

Well after many days, I think i can see an image of just a face in the top left hand corner, looking down.

PS- Yeh I have one of those images on my toilet floor that I search for every time I go in there.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
TubularFamilyMan Offline

Posted: June 29 2005, 17:00

Oh yeah, I found it. It doesn't look like a picture of Mike, though, and I don't think it was put there on purpose.
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: July 01 2005, 03:54

bigger picture here Amadian

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: July 01 2005, 08:40

I think I see a shaggy dog's face - just to the left and just above the left tail fin of the plane.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
TubularFamilyMan Offline

Posted: July 01 2005, 09:34

It's on the top left corner. You have to tilt it a bit to see it.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: July 01 2005, 10:19

If you can find the face of Mike Oldfield in an old stale grilled cheese sandwich, you can make a lot of money on eBay.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: July 01 2005, 19:52

You can make money on eBay with lots of other faces too.  Check out this site to find other grilled cheese sandwiches with images of George Bush, Homer Simpson, Michael Jackson and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, to name a few.  There must be one with Mike on it somewhere in this world.

http://focus.msn.de/hps....d=10618

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 01 2005, 19:59

:laugh: great site!!

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: July 01 2005, 21:34

OK looking at the image that Sonilink has posted, it is directly under the word 'Miles' and only as wide as the word, just the face, no top of the head, looking towards the bottom right corner, the mouth is covered, you can just make out a nose and two eyes. Probably not intentional.

Tracy.

--------------
Profile PM 
13 replies since Dec. 23 2004, 00:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net