Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I`m very angry!!!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
valiado Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 13 2004, 12:41

Hi everyone!
I´m very angry. Today I´ve downloaded and paid Maestro.

At one hand : "There's only 5 minutes of new music in Maestro (and three already known extracts). The rest...TB 2003 music!!.

At the other hand:  I have a notebook with:
                         -Mobile Pentium 4 , 1.7 Ghz.
                         -Memory 512 RAM,
                         -Grapihc Card Nvidia Ge Force 2 Go with
32MB DDR, with the last drivers.
                        -Operating system Windows XP.

The Tres Lunas Game runs ok! The Maestro Demo run smooth and fine, too!
But now, with Maestro full version, the textures apear and disapear in a lot of zones and the game stucks!!

It`s my Pc or it's the game?????

Cheers.
Profile PM 
dreamweaver Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2004, 17:35

did you check the minimum requirements needed before you paid for the game, because there was a warning!  Try installing the latest Nvidia drivers, I had to, the graphics were appalling until I updated.  

on a lighter note xp seems to conflict with everything.  Sorry

--------------
I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
Some letter of that After-Life to spell:
And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
And answer'd "I Myself am Heaven and Hell:"
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 04:30

If the game crashes because of Windows XP, try setting the compatibility mode to Windows 2000 (click the game icon -> properties). I don't know if this helps for Maestro, but it sure helps with many other computer games with similar problems. I don't have any problems myself though, and I'm also using XP.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 07:31

I think the lack of new music will disappoint most fans however we all knew from the outset this was built around the music of TB. I haven't played Maestro yet so I'm not going to pass any judgment but it's quite obvious to me that most of the excitment surrounding TresLunas came from the fact that you were constantly discovering new music when you first played it. If you take away that factor there's not much left but to enjoy the game playing side of MVR.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 11:37

I agree. The game is quite entertaining though. This is what Mike said on his forum:

Have patience and look around.
Remember MAESTO[sic] is a new kind of Game.
Not a new album.
It's Great to see you all.
Mike
Profile PM 
Bad Boy
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 19 2004, 06:38

This game is so boring and stupid...

Endless silent corridors, graphics every child could do with some rendering program, awful level-design, no possibility to save your game, nearly no new music, only old tunes...

And, best of all, the most stupid registration routine in computer gaming history:

If you want to test this game on your own but are not willing to pay the high registration fee for this rubbish, try this:

I think you'll find this is still illegal even though it may not be a hard one to work out...it's still using the software without paying for it.
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2004, 13:10

Hi
has anyone made a MAP of the game?
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2004, 22:32

The negative comments above come, I believe, from those who haven't really given the game a chance. I was dissapointed at first but, on giving it more time and listening to a few of the hints of the mikeoldfield.com forum, have now really grown to love Maestro.

True, the textures are not fantastic but the artistry and overall imagery make up for that - it's not easy to do justice to 3D graphis in such as huge 'free' world - remember, most other games don't give you the freedom Maestro (indeed MVR) does and usually restrict you to a preset series of scenes that may look great but soon lose their novelty.

I've found Meastro gets more and more addictive and it grows on you like most of Mike's music does (for me, I don't like Mike's music so much on first listen and grow to love it - there are exceptions).

I agree that the control station and stone tunnels are not fantastic and quite boring, but beyond them lies a hidden paradise and some cool new and old sounds - just chill out and take your time and you'll find it's much better than you first thought.

AND...pay for the game as Mike deserves reward for this fantastic experience  ;)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: April 08 2004, 06:29

just wondering - why isn't it posible to save the game - sometimes I play for 30 min and sometimes longer, but I have to start over again, or have I missed something
Profile PM 
8 replies since Mar. 13 2004, 12:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net