Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: If Only Dreams Could Really Come True, Wierd dreams< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 08:16

Hi all.I had the wierdest dream ever a couple of nights ago.I often dream of this little second hand record shop.In reality it doesn't exist so i don't know why i dream about it.It's always the same one though.Anyway i dreamt i was in this shop and i found a singles collection of MO in a really nice little white box ,all on vinyl and bizzarely all with the continental big hole in the middle (like old juke box versions.I have a french edition of Portsmouth like this).The really odd thing is i'd bought a a four disk set all on see through red flexi disks and when i opened it the singles set and a couple of other goodies of Mike's fell out of it.In dreams nothing of course is impossible remember.I don't remember what the other stuff was but in the dream i thought i'd heard of it.Like a complete idiot i took all this stuff back to the store and told the shopkeepr what had happened and he then started trying to get me to part with more money and/or to give the stuff back as i'd only bought one item and came away with loads of stuff.I thought that was very strange for me as when i find a rarity i hang on to it like grim death.
So all told a really really wierd dream.It was natural sleep to as i hadn't had so much as a whif of anything at all.
The overiding feeling when i woke up was "DAMN!The singles box was a dream!!!!!F*$&**^*grrr etc"Anyone else ever had a reallty vivid dream that they have woken up and been really annoyed that it was only  dream?
 Now if soemone was to produce a singles collection on viynl.... :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 12:31

I could exist in three places at the same time. I never wanted to wake up from that one.
    I was in a city on some other planet. Very Earth like, not much difference except there were two suns. The city looked like a futuristic city on Earth from a large budget sci fi movie, very lavish set. There were streets and buildings, very clean and neat, very few people. I went into a bar and sat and drank a beer while looking at several women seated together across the room. Then we all heard some strange noises from outside and ran out to see. I was standing on a corner at an intersection looking up at these perfectly shaped triangular, cube and spherical objects. All were spinning and were silver or gold. I could see through them and some were as low as 20-30 feet off the ground but filled the sky. Then I found three of myself standing on three separate spots roughly a mile from each other, observing this phenomenon from three perspectives(like all 1st person). Even inside the dream I was thinking "How can one human brain process this much visual data? It would be like having 3 sets of eyes and three brains all feeding the information to one brain". The objects were lovely and hummed. I watched them from 3 perspectives simultaneously in this city fascinated for several minutes until they flew/faded away. Once they were all gone there was only one edition of me(little Roxy Music reference there) left. And the one of me left was the one on a corner displaced a mile from where I started. So I started to walk back to where I was originally to ask questions about what had just happened and what could have displaced me a mile away. Then I woke up and thought "that was the best dream of my life, I want it back". I never got it back, but I'll remember it forever. That was about 3 years ago.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 19:11

Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 10 2009, 12:31)
I could exist in three places at the same time. I never wanted to wake up from that one. I was in a city on some other planet. Very Earth like, not much difference except there were two suns. The city looked like a futuristic city on Earth from a large bu

Oh dear the mo thought control gremlins at work. turn off music vr and reclaim your life, deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2009, 21:22

That was over 3 years ago.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 03:25

By an odd coincedence there was a programme on TV last night trying to work out why we dream.Roughly the same talk as usual (why can't they just say "we don't actually know"?there are some things that can't be explained by science).The bit that stood out was there was a 'dream expert' (put THAT on your CV)and she claims that if you go to sleep saying over and over what you want to dream about in 50% of cases you will.The possibilties...........

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Feb. 10 2009, 08:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net