Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I wish Mike would come to Australia< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Morgues Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 10 2002, 23:36

Being a fan of Mike's work ever since I can remember, growing up in a household surrounded by fantastic music, I have always wanted to see the man play live.

Unfortunately it has yet come to pass, and all I can do is watch his DVDs. They are awesome, dont get me wrong, but it would not compare at all to the spectacle of seeing him perform live. In front of me...and LOUD.

Oh well, fingers crossed he decides to, but I wont hold my breath.

By the way, I look forward to being a part of this forum, if there is enough activity to keep me interested.

--------------
[img]http://morgues.skankyflat.net/images/sig/tubularsig.jpg[/img]
Profile PM WEB 
Morgues Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2002, 09:18

Dont people post here anymore?

--------------
[img]http://morgues.skankyflat.net/images/sig/tubularsig.jpg[/img]
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2002, 03:25

I'm aussie, and I want him to come here as well! Prehaps this should have been posted in the 'fans of the world' section though.
Hopefully he can tour aussie some time, and come to all the capital cities, not just Sydney or Melbourne.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2002, 14:14

I think fans that are anywhere outside of Europe are thinking the same thing, that they want him to visit there. Being from the USA, it is very rare to see his music in stores, let alone him ever coming here for a concert. But what i've found is kind of a close 2nd is to turn up your music really loud, put the audio settings on arena or stadium and let the surrounr sound make a small concert for you. or , get the Art In Heaven Video and blast that on your surround sound. granted it's not like being at the concert, but closer than i'll ever be.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2002, 12:09

I wish he'd come to Singapore! If he went to Australia then maybe he'd stop over here on the way. I don't think Mike would like the claustrophobic city life here though!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Mar. 10 2002, 23:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net