Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I made it!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oldfield_fan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 25 2002, 09:17

Yes yes yes! I finally got all the seven rings and got the desert to grow! Great game! :-)

Still, there are places I haven't found yet =)

/ Johan
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 25 2002, 14:45

Me too! Rather quick actually. But indeed, there are much more places to explore!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: May 29 2002, 16:30

Can you guys tell me how to play the game?
I cant get only 3 rings... So when i pick up a zepelin or somthing a piano what i do with it? And when i do the bat fly or the and ride how can i get the rings and why i get back to the origin if i encounter the bat or pick up the golden ants?

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
Sebastian Offline

Posted: May 29 2002, 17:04

Golden ants?

Sephirot, playing the game is not very difficult. Those tours through the ring headed figures don't give you any rings, usually, they are just there to enjoy the ride and the music. There are certain "bad" animals in the game which you have to avoid. The big bat is one of them. If you touch them, you'll be transported back to the origin and lose one ring.

There are several games where you have to push objects through a gate, the rings game, piano game and swords game. Finishing them gets you to a temple where you get a gold ring. However, you do NOT need those rings to get 7 gold rings and finish MVR. There are three gold rings hidden in the environment, if you don't know where they are, then chase the wild red sprite or the cloud thingy that is flying around in the desert. You should see that as long as you fly with them, those yellow fireflies will appear over certain places. Go to where they are... wink
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: May 29 2002, 19:24

Heh this game is wonderfull! I was amazed! I found 6 rings in half an hour! That part with the dolphins was so fantastic i was so under the spell of the music then i found a underwater castle but ther was a strange ring...

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
Josephus
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 24 2002, 00:30

What about the ring on the finger? I get that and the ring appears in front of me and I get this "Bwap Bwap" annoying sound, and sooner then later I crash into the space ship and I'm back to the origin. What am I supposed to do with the ring from the finger?
Tubular Cobra Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2002, 14:05

Help! I Only Got One Ring! I Am Stuck at the Part When You Just Get the Ring!

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 28 2002, 15:07

You aren't meant to take the ring on the finger (it's Mike's hand by the way!) - that is stealing and you have to have respect for things in this game.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2002, 04:19

@Cobra: ermm - which of the rings ?
@Josephus: You'd better give it back immediately (you can!;).
BTW.: I always tend to hear something like 'WATCH OUT' in this alarm sound..
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Cobra Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2002, 18:31

Quote (a_r_schulz @ Aug. 28 2002, 23:19)
@Cobra: ermm - which of the rings ?
@Josephus: You'd better give it back immediately (you can!;).
BTW.: I always tend to hear something like 'WATCH OUT' in this alarm sound..

Umm The First Ring!

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2002, 08:49

Got me - stupid question, stupid answer ;-)
So again
- WHERE did you get this first ring ?
- is it the demo or the full version ? (in the demo, find the moon in the tree...)
- does the game crash, or do you just need a clue where to look for the others ? Just fly around and have a look for these yellow swarms.. I'd guess you'll find something more in the spoilers section for this...
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Cobra Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2002, 15:39

Quote (a_r_schulz @ Aug. 30 2002, 03:49)
Got me - stupid question, stupid answer ;-)
So again
- WHERE did you get this first ring ?
- is it the demo or the full version ? (in the demo, find the moon in the tree...)
- does the game crash, or do you just need a clue where to look for the others ? Just fly around and have a look for these yellow swarms.. I'd guess you'll find something more in the spoilers section for this...

Ummmmmmmmmm The White Antler Looking thing With the Scorpion and the Ring Near the White Antler thing.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2002, 08:11

That's been more than a month now - still stuck ?
So that's the demo, obviously - you can't get that ring first in the full version.
See my reply to the 'Walkthrough' thread in the Spoilers section for all you can do in the demo (there's no spoiler for the full version in this thread, at least not yet ;) , in case that may concern...
I'll give it a push.
Profile PM WEB 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2002, 12:57

please my friends... tell me all the clues that i can understand that i have the full version off the game and not the demo version!! thanks
die for your answer!!!
greece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:  :cool:

--------------
Reaching through the dark, do you have to go??
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2002, 14:03

Hi there Incantations2085. I take it that you have just got the full version of MVR working? Just try looking in the spoiler section of this site, pretty much every place there is to explore is mapped out there. Every question you need an answer for will have been asked by somebody at some point so just have a look through all the topics.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2002, 16:27

Hi Inca..!
Quite simple - if the game starts with cactus burning and volcano erupting, and you, once started, can see a huge greenish stone wall with some hints from Mike written on it, it's the demo.
Profile PM WEB 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2002, 08:40

sure???
i start with sally's voice telling me!!
wecome!!
but even in the full game i come accross a kind of walls you know!!frontiers as you can find in the demo!!!!

--------------
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2002, 08:42

i mean welcome of course :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Dec. 25 2002, 11:56

Hi Inca (and merry X-mas)!
So - no burning cactus, no demo (as we have also learned meanwhile in the other thread from the forest-canyon route).
And yes, there are still barriers in the full version, usually depending on the current situation. Some regions like turtle island or the volcano can only be reached under specific circumstances, and in some scenes you are restricted to a certain area because there is a special task to be done resp. only one way out to find.

Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Dec. 25 2002, 18:54

ok!!
i was anxious but now i am o.k!!!
what about the escape from ants run???
is the red ant ??or not?? :/  ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
19 replies since May 25 2002, 09:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net