Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I love my wee wii!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 28 2008, 10:06

We've had ours since Xmas 07 (one of those wait in a queue from 4:00 in the morning affairs to get the damn thing! ). Gets fairly regular play - especially tennis in Wii Sports which is still fun.

Got Wii Fit last Friday and been having great fun on that over the weekend. Slalom skiing a particular fave.

So, any other Wii owners here at tb.net? Some of you must surely have one (I don't imagine many of you as GTAIV sorts but I could be wrong). Whats your favourite game? If there are enough of you here a friend code swap could be fun once we finally get Mario Kart ('twas sold out when I tried to get it today).

Posting this in Meet&Greet as I can't think of much of a link to Mike here except to ponder if he has one and to think which MO tracks I could use as backing for Excite truck! I also remember thinking and posting a while back that MusicVR could make a good Wii port (WiiWare even! ), sort of like Endless Ocean but with even better music :D

Happy Wii-ing...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 28 2008, 16:18

I don't own a Wii, but I've played "Cooking Mama" on one. I don't really recommend the game, as the remote motion control isn't exact, which can cause frustration when performing the chopping, grating, stirring, etc. IGN only rated it 5.8. Still, it's fun with cute graphics, and for a foodie like me it's irresistible.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: April 28 2008, 17:27

I don't own a Wii either, but I have played Pro Evolution Soccer and that's a bloody good game. I've never really liked video games and seldom play them, however PES is great. How else could Finland beat Brazil 10 - 0.  :)
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: April 29 2008, 11:46

The big question is - when will one of Mikes great guitar solo's be added to Guitar Hero?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 29 2008, 22:16

Is Guitar Hero wii? I am feeling sooooo out of touch! I vote for one of the Amarok riffs. :D

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: April 30 2008, 02:51

My youngest son Jack is getting a wii for his 7th birthday tomorrow.Normally we would`nt spend anywhere near that amount on a birthday present.But we were over at a friends house a few weeks ago where he got a chance to have a go on one and he absolutely loved it.We`ve told him any money he gets in his cards will have to go towards it.Which he seems to be completely fine with really as he`s that excited about getting one.Besides which, anything else he could possibly recieve would pale into insignificance anyway.

He`s a bit of a demon on the old ten pin bowling,and completely wiped the floor with his brother who is five years older than him.He`s not too shabby on the boxing either,and he throws a pretty mean curveball on the baseball already.I might plug it in myself later today just to make sure it`s working properly of course..   ;)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: June 08 2008, 01:50

Quote (Dirk Star @ April 30 2008, 02:51)
He`s not too shabby on the boxing either,

I found the boxing to be exhausting! I prefer bowling or tennis, where one doesn't have to exert so much energy. Or maybe I was just playing it wrong?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 08 2008, 06:12

Quote (Sweetpea @ June 08 2008, 06:50)
Quote (Dirk Star @ April 30 2008, 02:51)
He`s not too shabby on the boxing either,

I found the boxing to be exhausting! I prefer bowling or tennis, where one doesn't have to exert so much energy. Or maybe I was just playing it wrong?

Yeah the boxing wears me out as well,but it`s the only one I`m really any good at.Must be something to do with my whole southpaw style and some of the frustrations I`m bringing home from work at the moment.I`m ok on the tennis and baseball,but the bowling just winds me up.Just when I think I`ve got one to go breakneck speed straight down the middle.It veers off right at the end there taking about 2 pins out.Of course my youngest is very much aware of this now so it`s bowling almost every time when I get to play him.I don`t know whose the worst loser either,me or him?I dare say I`ll improve on the losing front with all the practise I`m getting at the moment.Yeah I`ll show him.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 22 2009, 13:39

I borrowed a Wii and have been playing some Mario Party 8 and Animal Crossing: City Folk. Both are fun, but they'd probably be better if I had someone else here to play with!

--------------
Profile PM 
8 replies since April 28 2008, 10:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net