Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I HAVE A CONFESSION< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 14:32

I haven't listened to 'Music of The Spheres', but there is a reason for this.
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 16:26

Neither have I, and it was bought for me a year ago. My listening to MO has gone into limbo as other things get in the way. However I did listen to Rime of the Ancient Mariner last night and it sounded very good for its age.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 17:28

Quote (Airborne @ Mar. 25 2009, 16:26)
Neither have I, and it was bought for me a year ago.

WHY??

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 17:40

Don't hurry. MotS will wait for you.
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 19:34

WHY?

Difficult to answer, but it has something to do with my mother always wanting Mike's music played on Classic FM. When it finally happened she wasn't around to enjoy the fact. I have heard a couple of the tracks and I do believe it is something quite special so I am also saving it for the right occasion.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 20:16

Quote (Silver Negus @ Mar. 25 2009, 19:32)

Help me father for I have sinned :-)

Come on Silver - at least tell me you have listened to Harmonia Mundi?

BTW, what is your reason?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 22:49

Hey silver i am sorry you lost your mum, at this stage mots would be too emotional to hear, maybe a few months from now@ matt we need to be there for our fellow tubes, hope you are better btw, deb
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2009, 04:44

I guess with Mike Oldfield you're not just talking music - he leads you to those emotive, hard to reach - sometimes painful places - that no other artist can. He seems to be both a master of music and also psychology. For me MotS is one of those pieces I either need to be in the mood for, or else I need some gentle coaxing to face. It's not the music as such, but the emotions that get stirred that's the deterrent. Either way you can trust Mike. He takes you through - he knows what he's doing - he's been there.     :)

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2009, 18:31

Mike is an extraordinary musician, i wonder if he feels these bittersweet emotions before or during writing and playing,and how he pulls it together, a mystery,lots of pain, deb
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 05:53

I think where most of us might talk about feelings - he hums and plays them (and doesn't talk). I wonder if he would prefer to answer a question that way, instead of talking.

So imo he's master of arts in the communication of emotions through music.

Inadvertently he's also become a Music Shrink!

--------------
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 12:46

Quote (Matt @ Mar. 25 2009, 20:16)

No I haven't listened to it, because I'll listen to it when I feel the time is right.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 12:47

Quote (ex member 419 @ Mar. 25 2009, 22:49)
Hey silver i am sorry you lost your mum, at this stage mots would be too emotional to hear, maybe a few months from now@ matt we need to be there for our fellow tubes, hope you are better btw

No hunny it wasn't me who lost my mum it was someone else who commented on here, but you have a heart. Thanks
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 14:24

Quote (Silver Negus @ Mar. 28 2009, 12:46)

No I haven't listened to it, because I'll listen to it when I feel the time is right.

Well you did start the thread Silver Negus   :D  I assume that to be an invite to talk around the issue and ask the question.

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 21:42

Quote (wiga @ Mar. 28 2009, 05:53)
I think where most of us might talk about feelings - he hums and plays them (and doesn't talk). I wonder if he would prefer to answer a question that way, instead of talking. So imo he's master of arts in the communication of emotions through music. Inadv

True wiga definitely a master of the musical arts@ would qualify for an honourary doctorate in psychology for his work through sane,deb
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2009, 07:57

Quote (wiga @ Mar. 28 2009, 14:24)
Quote (Silver Negus @ Mar. 28 2009, 12:46)

Well you did start the thread Silver Negus   :D  I assume that to be an invite to talk around the issue and ask the question.

yes definately, I was having a joke with Matt telling him that my reason for not listening to it is because I will listen to it when I feel the time is right hunnny.  I should have put a smiley on my post as I see how you've interpreted it.  Thanks for pointing it out.  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 09:59

I bought 'Music Of The Spheres'. It was ok but for me it didn't catch my ear when I listened to it from start to finish. Those Goosebumps were just not appearing!

To me ,the music did capture what Mr Oldfield was trying to demonstrate and articulate about energy vibration and about each person object, planet carrying an unseen vibration.  I say this because to me the music had no 'specific tune' or 'conventional structure', and I suppose that's what the whole concept of energy vibration is about.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 27 2009, 10:53

Quote (Silver Negus @ April 27 2009, 14:59)
I bought 'Music Of The Spheres'. It was ok but for me it didn't catch my ear when I listened to it from start to finish. Those Goosebumps were just not appearing!

Yay! Thanks for giving it a chance Silver.

Do you enjoy track 11 - Harmonia Mundi? I would have thought that might have been closer to your tastes? Reminds me of some bits of TB / HR / Ommadawn etc. and I love the guitar playing in that track.

I don't think I get "goosebumps" from any of MOTS but some sections I do really enjoy. Mind you other bits (e.g. track 5 - Tempest) others love but I often need to skip it I dislike it so much! All down to personal preference I guess...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
16 replies since Mar. 25 2009, 14:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net