Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (8) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I finally have it!, (and now I'm trying to listen to it)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
moonchildhippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 20 2005, 19:52

I'm wondering on the best way to try and get in to Amarok.  I was in the HMV Shop in Oxford Street on 22 December'04, buying a couple of CD's as presents, (and killing time before an appointment at the Eastman Dental Hospital famous London teaching hospital, as I have a hereditary gum problem, it's bloody painful when they flare up).  Anyway I was looking at the MO CD's, with the intention of buying Hergest Ridge, This wasn't in stock, so I ended up buying Amarok instead.  The following day I tried playing Amorok in my car, and I couldn't really get in to it.  It sounded like many disconnected pieces on first listen :O.   Parts did sound quite good, maybe I was in the wrong situation to  really appreciate it.
 Re:- Maggie Thatcher ,I don't think any politcian has caused so much anger and bitterness amongst UK voters apart from Tony Fake Permasmile Blair :(.

Re Ommadawn, IMHO I loved this album from my first hearing of it      :)  :)  :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2005, 04:47

Quote (moonchildhippy @ Jan. 20 2005, 19:52)
Maggie Thatcher ,I don't think any politcian has caused so much anger and bitterness amongst UK voters apart from Tony Fake Permasmile Blair :(.

Believe me, Thatcher is much, much more hated than Blair will ever be, and I'm no Blair fan.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2005, 18:58

I view both Thatcher and Blair with equal contemt  :( (i'm quite a mellow peaceful person normally .  I was DUPED into voting Labour in '97 :( (I knew I should have trusted my instincts), NEVER again will I vote Labour :( , I never have and never will vote Conservative.

Anyway I'm getting off subject here, just felt better after that little rant :) .

I'll try and find a moment where I can have some peace and give Amorok another listen  ;) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2005, 19:40

I'm sure you'll find many threads here about amarok, the perfect way to hear it etc, but all i can say is that it is well worth the effort to listen to it, and let it grow on you.

Even the political thing about thatcher has already been discussed but new thoughts and comments are always welcome. Personally i feel that the UK hasn't had a leader who so dominated the international sceneand allowed us to "punch above our weight", nor have we had a leader who so divided the country. The states are going throug the same process now with GW Bush.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2005, 05:15

I'm 57 minutes into playing Amarok.  It does indeed have it's great moments  :) , perhaps it will grow on me, the more I listen to it.   I thought the Maggie Thatcher impersonation was amusing  :laugh: .

Please don't get me started on President Bush, IMHO what a prat.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 25 2005, 08:24

I'd also rather than nobody else gets started on Bush...or Blair for that matter. These political discussions have a habit of turning sour, and as it's not relevant to the discussion anway, I think we can all save ourselves the aggravation and keep such discussions for elsewhere.

As for Thatcher...Mike seems to find her funny. He said he'd quite have liked her to introduce the instruments on Tubular Bells 2003...
I think it would have had a good absurdity value, actually - I think I might have preferred her to John Cleese. I think it's the same absurdity value which Mike plays with on Amarok, especially with the dancing bit.
Profile PM 
145 replies since Aug. 12 2004, 06:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (8) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net