Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I changed my mind< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Beautifulgeorgie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 13:17

I wrote a post the other day saying that I thought the album was a very lazy effort.
However I have listened to it all week in my car and on my headphones and I really love it.
Track 8 on light is lovely and track 1 & 9 on shade are great. Track 1 on light would be amazing if it wasn't for the weird voices saying 'bugger me' or something like that.

Let me know what you think.

All the true heros are living in LA.....
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 07:09

Good the hear that someone changes hes mind  :)  Listening to it the first times, yes maybe it could sound lazy, like what i thought about first steps, but now i dont feel that. First steps is actually one of my favorite song on the album! The beautiful complex at the end 5;30 when the song is comming back is wonderful. This is not lazy that i thought!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 11:38

Yes, it backs up what i always say, that people judge Mike's album way to early, the music grows on you, give it time.
Profile PM 
Salamanda Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2005, 08:42

I too have changed my mind a lot on this album.  I now think that both the Light and Shade CD's are really quite good.  Mike's soul and passion definitely shines through with repeated listens.  I'm still a bit mystified by 'The Gate' however the accoustic bit in the middle of the track is very beautiful.

Out of all of Mike's albums, L+S has taken the longest to get through to me which is strange considering Tres Lunas got me straight away.  But it is worth it if you persevere.  Underneath all the surface technology lies a really lovely album !

Mike I think you have done yourself proud with L+S, just a shame I didn't get it at the start !
Profile PM 
3 replies since Oct. 07 2005, 13:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net