Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I cant believe this!!!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Vladimir Milutinovic Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 02 2000, 06:53

Mike? R u so bad you must use virtual reality to create an impression? I'm ashamed that i listen to your music now, seems like ommadawn and other nice pieces of music are random craps which accidently triggered my sence of music. I'm ashamed that i am loosing my time writing to an kvazi-artist! Somebody should tell me if Mike red any books, if he has any education... Maybe he got scared of living artists unhappy life. Well as we all know, artist are never happy, and Mike enjoys sleeping with young blondes, travelling, spending money... He is a happy pig, not a wise philosopher...
Profile PM 
nikoszarboutis Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2000, 07:54

Well i don't think mr Oldfield needs virtual reality to prove himself or to make music. I think the reason he is doing it, is because he has always been the person who experiments and discovers new things.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2000, 15:45

If he hadn't have experimented, or gone out on a limb, we wouldn't have any of his music today. smile

I'm willing to listen to whatever kind of music he makes, and then form an opinion of it afterwards, instead of judging it beforehand.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
SandAbyss Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2000, 05:46

Vladimar, I'm sorry but I must disagree with you. Mike, throughout his career, has always had a passion for identifying expression of one's self with music. Hergest Ridge, TB3's Top of the Morning, QE2's Conflict is just this. It's even so with Sonic Reality. Here, you delve into an explorative 3d environment full of wonder. YOU get to explore a bit of Mike's imagination, creativity, and Music.

SandAbyss
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 03 2000, 21:13

I think there's a reason why Mike is creating Sonic VR - because he wants to. Nothing wrong with him experimenting with that either...I mean, it isn't exactly like there's a shortage of Mike Oldfield albums to listen to already (i.e. plenty to keep fans occupied while they wait for the next album, if they choose not to take an interest in Sonic VR). Many bands/artists only last a few years before disappearing into obscurity, so really, fans of Mike are lucky that there is so much of his material readily available (at least fairly readily...).
You're right in a way, Vladimir...he did get 'scared' of living in the way he was at the time of Ommadawn. He went through a form of therapy called Exegesis which changed his outlook on life (and as a result, his music). And, as far as education goes, I believe he left school at about 15. Not that it has much bearing on things...you don't need formal education to be an intelligent person (but that's starting to go way off topic)...
Profile PM 
109-217
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 04 2000, 18:10

Mike has ALLWAYS been a progressive Artist - that is why we all listen & love the guy so much. It makes perfect sense for an artist of Mikes calibre to use all of the instruments styles & tools available to create his next masterpiece.
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2000, 05:55

Yes mitr, but i hope this will really be a MASTER piece and not piece (bitter joke... wink)

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
mitr Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2000, 17:09

GMOVJ Yes, so do I!!
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 04 2001, 10:49

off topic :
http://mirror.icnetwork.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=11442273&method=full
theweightless Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2001, 16:53

vladimir don't seem to know what he is talking about. you better not judge people if you don't know them. well do you vladimir?

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 04:54

Vladimir Milutinovic, why do you say those things? If Mike wants to make a virtual reality thingy, I say he he can, and it's not your place to label him as awful because of it. He's awful if he makes awful music, not because he decided to experiment with a computer game thingy.

Visit www.global.net.au/~holmangp

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2002, 03:50

I want to explain myself a bit better.

It's alright to say you don't like Music VR, or one of his albums, but to say that all his other albums, of him as an artist, are bad because of it, is in my opinion totally foolish, ignorant and wrong. I also agree with Korgscrew in saying that he can make a Computer Game Thingy if he wants to.

I also feel that tubularbills is right in saying that prople should form an opinion of it afterwards, instrad of judging it beforehand. Vladimir Milutinovic, I world really like to see you explain your point of view again, but prehaps in clearer terms, and using facts this time.

Visit www.global.net.au/~holmangp

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
11 replies since Feb. 02 2000, 06:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net