Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hugh burns guitarist, People mike works with< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 24 2009, 07:55

Over the years mike has worked with some talented musicians, who were your faves? deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 09:28

Phil Collins. Best drummer on the planet.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 09:48

Probably the drummer/percusionists he's worked with.Aside from Maggie Reilly,Barry Palmer,Wendy Roberts,Pepsi,Anita Hegerland (and Aled Jones for that matter),i don't think that there's too much that any of the others did that he couldn't do himself (Tim Cross excluded).So the drummers are it for me.
Pierre Moerlin was a seriously underated drummer.Not only did he do some great stuff with Mike but his work with Gong is amazing.Classically trained but a bloody good drummer in any situation.Morris Pert.Strange looking guy but again a fine drummer.Mike Frye.Great perm and a great drummer/percussionist.Last (but not least)Simon Philips was a giant of a drummer.Just listen to the build up towards the end of Crises!

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Ghostmojo Offline

Posted: May 10 2009, 20:51

Quote (ex member 419 @ April 24 2009, 07:55)
Over the years mike has worked with some talented musicians, who were your faves? deb

Is that Hughie Burns you mean ex member? The same guy who played the storming guitar solo on Gerry Rafferty's classic "Baker Street", and who was also in the late 70s Jack Bruce Band (also featuring Simon Phillips)? He was a great player and I saw him once with the JBB back in 1977. I've no idea what happened to him since...

--------------
" ... if you feel a little glum - to Hergest Ridge you should come ... "
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 13 2009, 08:36

@Ghostmojo (and well off topic-sorry).I have Housetricks by the JBB.On the back cover there's a picture of them.Obviously i know what Bruce looks like and i recognise a very youthful looking Simon Philips but which one of the other 2 is Hughie Burns?Is he the big burly looking bloke or the one who bears more than a passing resemblance to Timothy Claypole from Rent-a-ghost?
Been bugging me for years!!! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
4 replies since April 24 2009, 07:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net