Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hub of Mike Oldfield, a lots of material of MO< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
jjmillenium Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 01 2009, 13:56

Hi friends! I have an idea to open a hub server from the program DC++ for only Mike Oldfield Fans. With this program you can connect with other fans and download the list of material that thay had and download everything of everyone on the list...
more about the program:
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

let's we see if you are interesting...if the people wants to do this, I give the name of the server for connect.
thanks!
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2009, 18:17

we are open now the hub of Mike Oldfield, if someone are interesting, please, tell me, and I give you the adress of the hub!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2009, 16:01

Sorry jjmillennium, I don't really understand this. I have DC++ but I don't use it very often because it's so slow. I have lots and lots and lots of rare Oldfield stuff on FLAC, and I'd be more than happy to share it with the world. But why on DC++? There are lots of ways to share stuff which IMHO work better than that - for example, torrents. :) However, if you think this could be nice, send me the add...

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2009, 07:35

I'm on another hub from Queen...and I downloading every day one or two DVD's of shows, documentaries...and you know, I simply think: what's about one from Mike Oldfield?
let's we try if this would be nice...
the adress is: 84.121.168.114 only that, without password, only your username. Id the Hub dosen't connect, probably it's because I'm not in my PC and I closed the hub, but I try to keep open. Thanks!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2009, 11:59

I kind of get the jist of what you are doing, I clicked your link but really don't wanna dig deep right now. All I can say is if its a file sharing network for God's sake put the Hergest Ridge Porky cut on there. It is soooooooo GOOD. I still listen to it once a month, after 2 years, HR being the reason I got on this site.
Eric(for Woolfson, I might do this for a while)

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2010, 06:27

Tried to log in.
Didn't work...  :/
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 27 2010, 09:09

yes a mike oldfield hub would be great!!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2010, 03:40

I think DC++ isnt very good idea...

I was thinking also share stuff before other than torrent way and i came to idea that its easiest if having server with unlimited bandwith usage and 1tb hdd so you could design website layout for uploading and downloading stuff and to avoid leechers you could set somekind ratio for ul/dl.

I assume it would cost around 100usd/month to rent that kind server but im sure someone could host from home if necessary.

I have "home" server with ~30mbps upload bandwith but im using it for other purposes.
But lets say that if have good line already, building extra pc from used parts would cost around 200 usd (with 1tb or more hdd space)

i have around 200GB of oldfield stuff in my backup hdd and it sure will grow once i start making images from my dvds...but im sure 1tb would be enough to store all possible oldfield material.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2010, 05:13

Hi JJ, I wish you all the best with setting up your hub. Takes a lot of work to organise anti virus software, programming and cut and pasting, editing and presenting the interface, the web page or entry site. Organise a server that is legitimate and not subject to unwanted spam which can happen on share sites i.e. Pop ups or ads that encourage browsers to click on suspect links, leave a trail and are used by hackers to obtain users personal details. It may cost a bit more but investing in getting professional set up and ongoing tech support from reputable web servers is the way to go. Deb
Profile PM 
8 replies since Dec. 01 2009, 13:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net