Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Obi Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 05 2010, 08:32

Well, who'd have thought it?

This morning the deliveryman brought the long-awaited white bag from Swiss Post to my door, containing a slightly battered cardboard box. The boxsets inside were pristine though, so I'm pleased.

I had already demanded a refund, so now I've written to Universal and asked if they want my money anyway. I think I know what the answer will be.

But honestly... 6 weeks delivery, and crappy packaging? Hopefully Universal will learn something from the whole process and do better next time.

Hergest Ridge #175
Ommadawn #40
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2010, 19:00

My limited-edition copy of Ommadawn arrived today, August 5, 2010, in perfect conditions, with a good packaging and a shitty signature on the framed pic ("Mi ldf"... he really could've done much better than that, IMHO!! :D) But the funniest thing is that 2 weeks ago I asked Universal for a refund (because, unlike some other people here, I care much more about the money I spend than I do care about owning those super-deluxe, vinyl+2CD+DVD, "personally-signed-by-Mike-Oldfield", "individually numbered" Limited Editions) and I actually got the refund! :O And today I got the missing package as well... call me lucky. :cool: I'm not asking them if they want me to pay again, as I'm little short of money right now, so you may also call me thief. :laugh:

Ah, by the way:
HR: 166 of 250
Ommadawn [ordered a day later]: 50 of 250

P.S. To all of you out there: I've got a surplus of HR & Ommadawn Deluxe Edition sets (4 copies each). I'm seriously intentioned to sell them off. Please PM me for details.

LATER EDIT: I've just compared the signature on the framed pics with the properly signed certificate within the TB box. The sig on the pics is just Oldfield. What I mistakenly interpreted as a M was actually an O, and the dotted I belongs to Oldfield and not to Mike. It's the n-th confirmation that Mike O. has gotten terribly lazy since he moved to the Bahamas. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
larstangmark Online

Posted: Aug. 06 2010, 04:25

Quote (Ugo @ Aug. 05 2010, 19:00)
LATER EDIT: I've just compared the signature on the framed pics with the properly signed certificate within the TB box. The sig on the pics is just Oldfield. What I mistakenly interpreted as a M was actually an O, and the dotted I belongs to Oldfield and not to Mike. It's the n-th confirmation that Mike O. has gotten terribly lazy since he moved to the Bahamas. :)

Perhaps he's repeating the old trick of letting Terry do the work for him! I mean, it just says "Oldfield"!  :laugh:

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2010, 05:02

Quote (Ugo @ Aug. 06 2010, 00:00)

Less Mike Oldfield,more Michael Gordon Oldfield,that's it.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2010, 05:32

reading this all how so many was in panic and asked refund with no patience and now they have gotten them free...makes almost myself write to unversal i didnt receive anything but i decided to be honest customer this time and not to steal from offical oldfield sales.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
larstangmark Online

Posted: Aug. 06 2010, 09:01

Panic? We paid quite a lot of money and could expect to have the goods withing a few weeks. They billed our credit cards in late june. I don't blame anyone that asked for a refund. In what way do they become theives? I don't get that. Should they return their extra copies? :-/

I would have asked for a refund too, but I was afraid that they hadn't in fact sent our packages and that asking for a refund/replacement would leave me with my money back and no records. Now it seems they have actually sent the records, but I still haven't received the package they sent june 25th. It's been six weeks.

I find it baffling that they actually do send replacements. But it raises three questions:
- Are there extra copies? It was supposed to be a limited edition.
- Does universal see it as likely that the packages are lost? Does happen frequently with the type of mail service they employ? That must be the case because otherwise they wouldn't send out replacements.
- The extra copies they apparently had, were they copies that were paid for that they didn't manage to send?

--------------
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2010, 13:05

i mean its extremely rare to actually lost package when its mailed...its even rare that 1 is lost from 500 sent so it was in my opinion unnecessary panic right after 21 days were passed...
when it was same situation with TB singneds that some even got theirs in august couple months later but all got them anyway

im pretty positive that those who got refund or replacement, received originally mailed packaged also so there is now many of those who have free extra copies they dont need...those probably ending up to ebay eventually.

about extra copies i think they said to someone here they reserved small amount of boxes for replacements so i guess they sold like only 240 each and 10 was reserved for replacements.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 06 2010, 15:44

Nobody is panicking, in their own words "We have looked into this matter for you and we're sorry to say that if your order has not reached you by now [July 20] then it is most likely been lost in the post.

Your order was shipped using the 'Rest of the World Standard' service which usually takes about 10 working days to arrive, but on occasion may take up to 21 days."
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2010, 18:45

Maybe, together with Universal, who is to blame here is the various postal services around the world. A friend of mine who works at the post office told me about a curious fact which apparently happens quite often: when July comes, mail service employees work like mad durning the first 10-15 days, then they just take a week off without telling anyone. Consequently, parcels get bounced from one mailer to another, and if they are all on (unauthorized) holiday, the delay just gets piled up. Then (always according to what my friend said) work resumes normally towards the end of July. Maybe that's why some of us got their parcels very early on, at the start of July, and some of us are getting them now. Who knows?!?  :/

By the way, both my parcels were marked Royal Post. No Swiss Post or anything like that. And they weren't packed in bags, they arrived just as cardboard boxes. In very good conditions, tho'. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBeach Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2010, 05:35

DPD (German Parcel Service) sent out my packages on August 2nd and they arrived two days later, which is absolutely OK.  
But where were they before? Taking a swim over the Channel for some weeks?
I really do not see it as a sign of panic, when you are getting nervous about your items after several weeks or even months of waiting. Hey, we are in Western Europe in the 21st century - I get other shipments from the UK within a week!

--------------
"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not."
— Sherman Alexie
Profile PM 
Olly Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2010, 13:27

How many is still waiting? My Ommadown box has not arrived yet  :/  :zzz:
Profile PM 
benouille Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2010, 14:10

Here in Italy I'm still waiting for both HR and Ommadawn limited edition (which I guess won't ever arrive) plus another HR limited edition they sent me in replacement... :(
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2010, 18:32

@ benouille: I got my missing box by the start of last week, so all I can tell you is to keep hoping. Have a little faith and eventually you shall be rewarded. [My gosh, do I sound like a gospel singer. Or a preacher. :D]

--------------
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2010, 09:00

Quote (benouille @ Aug. 08 2010, 14:10)
Here in Italy I'm still waiting for both HR and Ommadawn limited edition (which I guess won't ever arrive) plus another HR limited edition they sent me in replacement... :(

This is strange how many replacements Hergest Ridge have been sent...
Could they be the Hergest Ridge box sets we have been waiting for??  :/
Profile PM 
benouille Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2010, 11:24

I guess it would be interesting create a web page like the one done for TB limited edition (http://wiki.oldfield.es/M%C3%A1s_cosas) to see how many people have received their box set and to check the serial numbers... Unfortunately i'm not able to do that but I'm sure one of you folks can  ;)
Profile PM 
mountie926 Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2010, 17:07

I still didn't receive anything yet here in Canada.
It's now two months since the HR Deluxe Edition was sent; a little bit less for the Ommadawn Limited signed edition.

After recent receptions I don't give up hope yet, but another nasty mail to Universal is due.
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2010, 07:16

Quote (benouille @ Aug. 09 2010, 11:24)
I guess it would be interesting create a web page like the one done for TB limited edition (http://wiki.oldfield.es/M%C3%A1s_cosas) to see how many people have received their box set and to check the serial numbers... Unfortunately i'm not able to do that but I'm sure one of you folks can  ;)

Very VERY good idea !!
Profile PM 
larstangmark Online

Posted: Aug. 10 2010, 09:47

I ordered a pest prevention device from a company in Finland friday night. Got it today! And I chose the "slow" delivery.

--------------
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
benouille Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2010, 11:10

Quote (larstangmark @ Aug. 10 2010, 09:47)
I ordered a pest prevention device from a company in Finland friday night. Got it today! And I chose the "slow" delivery.

There's no doubt about the fact the person in charge of international shipping at universal is an absolute begginer (must i've said incompetent?). For many years I've bought items from all over the world (and I really mean the whole world  :D), art books from Japan, LP and other oldies from the USA, craft items from New Zealand, just to mention the farthest... It never took more than 3 weeks for me to get my purchase home, even with the sloooow italian customs!
I just feel this M-bag shipping has been chosen on purpose, like a kind of revenge or dunnowat...
Anyway, tomorrow is my b'day and that would be e GREAT present to get my beloved box sets  :)
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 10 2010, 12:42

They might not even have saved money doing that (having to reply to customers, sending replacements, reimbursements, etc.) and screwed themselves as well as ourselves. So I expect the next releases to be even more expensive, and so on...
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net