Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Black Bunik Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 23 2010, 05:07

Quote (3Wheeler @ July 23 2010, 04:53)
Never fear ..  Recently Spotted at Universals Customer Mailings Service Headquarters ..

Isn't this that car mr.Bean always runs into? :P
Profile PM 
zoda Offline

Posted: July 23 2010, 05:29

Ok, status update.

After much complaining they asked if it was ok to send a replacement for the 2 lost albums. I had little hope but they told me they did find a replacement! 3 Days ago I received 2 new order numbers; The orders were sent to Belgium with tracked Express Order this time (for free).

And, unbelievable, I just received two signed editions, wow!

Me Very Happy! :) I'll post back should my original order also arrive.

Ommadawn: 123/250
Hergest Ridge: 85/250
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 23 2010, 09:33

Quote (zoda @ July 23 2010, 05:29)
Ok, status update.

After much complaining they asked if it was ok to send a replacement for the 2 lost albums. I had little hope but they told me they did find a replacement! 3 Days ago I received 2 new order numbers; The orders were sent to Belgium with tracked Express Order this time (for free).

And, unbelievable, I just received two signed editions, wow!

Me Very Happy! :) I'll post back should my original order also arrive.

Ommadawn: 123/250
Hergest Ridge: 85/250

what you going to do if you receive those originally ordered boxes later? its high chance they arent lost they just sitting somewhere...like someone in finland waited over month because package that was sent by universal from UK was traveling to new zealand and from there to finland.

i most likely expecting your original order to arrive.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
zoda Offline

Posted: July 23 2010, 10:13

Well I'm asking myself the same question... For Universal the originals are "Lost in Post" after 21 working days; but I agree that there still is a change the originals will arrive sooner or later.

I don't need 2 copies so I'll see what I'll do IF the originals ever arrive...
Profile PM 
Incantations Offline

Posted: July 24 2010, 16:16

Well, now my order, which was canceled 2 days before it was supposed to arrive (July 19th) came today, with no message or explanation...

*sigh*

--------------
Hmm...
Profile PM 
Obi Offline

Posted: July 26 2010, 06:39

No sign of my boxsets yet.

Yesterday it was a month ago that they were allegedly sent out, so I wrote and asked for a full refund. Now I'll just order them from Amazon, and enjoy the music, but I'm truly p*ssed that I will miss out on the limited editions because of Universals incompetent service.

:(
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 26 2010, 08:37

i would still wait atleast until end of this week...

anyway i was wondering who is this 15 feedback user in ebay who buys those hr and ommadawn limited editions for high price...looks kinda odd that they have so far won HR 299e, HR 401e, Ommadawn 256e...

--------------
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: July 26 2010, 08:44

Quote (Hifiguru @ July 26 2010, 14:37)
anyway i was wondering who is this 15 feedback user in ebay who buys those hr and ommadawn limited editions for high price...looks kinda odd that they have so far won HR 299e, HR 401e, Ommadawn 256e...

I find more amazing that while we are all waiting for our Limited Boxes, those who want to sell them in Ebay, received the boxes some weeks ago!!  :O

It is true that it could be that someone who wants to sell them is still waiting for the parcels!!

This has been a complete disaster from Universal Shop!!
Profile PM 
bionicmic Offline

Posted: July 26 2010, 12:02

I am afraid it is still the same here in the suburb of Paris. Still nothing.
I just wrote to them asking a replacement and a refund, because it's on sale on Amazon for 20 Euros .If I had know I wouldn’t' have bothered for the signed edition, and waited patiently for the regular edit and saved myself a few bob. :( Last year on the contrary of a few of you, I received my TB without problem and I expected it to be the same this time
Profile PM 
TubularBeach Offline

Posted: July 26 2010, 14:15

The same over here.   It is strange, however, that apparently some copies are already available at internet auctions. :(  
Did someone at Universal hold some copies back on purpose to make some extra money by selling the limited editions at a much higher price?  
Well, it is quite obvious that this is not a postal problem in each respective country - I just can't imagine how an established company can screw things up just like that...

--------------
"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not."
— Sherman Alexie
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: July 26 2010, 15:20

Quote (TubularBeach @ July 26 2010, 14:15)
The same over here.   It is strange, however, that apparently some copies are already available at internet auctions. :(  
Did someone at Universal hold some copies back on purpose to make some extra money by selling the limited editions at a much higher price?  
Well, it is quite obvious that this is not a postal problem in each respective country - I just can't imagine how an established company can screw things up just like that...

Don't blame the company, but the individual wo did that. But maybe it was caused by an organized group who "steal" these very limited editions and then sell them for much higher price. Who knows...

Anyway, I just received an e-mail, that they will send me a replacement for limited Hergest Ridge. Unfortunatelly they have no Ommadawn in stock.
Looks like I should have started complaining sooner :P

I just hope they will not send it somewhere to siberia this time...
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: July 27 2010, 06:39

On the Mike-Oldfield.es forums, a well-known user seemed to solve the mystery of these delays a few days ago.

It was advertised on the Universal Shop that there were two kind of delivery methods: "standard" and "express", labelled as 'for a small cost, you can get it quicker'.

After weeks of delays, it seems that the so-called 'standard' delivery chosen by Universal was an outdated extremely slow surface service called "M-bag". Here you can find some info on this service:
http://www.iosart.com/misc/m-bags.html

That is why some people got their boxes in that white Swiss bag.

It seems unclear, however, why ALL the boxes sent to Europe do come from the Swiss Postal Service.

In any case, Universal charged everyone extra for a poor, slow actual delivery method that it's causing so much pain.

Those who ordered paying express delivery or those who live in the UK, got their parcels in time. I pressume most of the people will eventually got, as M-bag system is so cheap because it's slow has hell. On the negative side, with M-bag deliveries there's no written proof, so Universal cannot prove they sent the boxes... and they cannot prove people got them at home... as opposed to any registered method that should have been used here. I mean, paying 80€ per item should imply a registered delivery at least.

Good luck everyone!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 27 2010, 06:58

This standard method was used only for orders outside the UK. I do remember choosing this option and I got my box only two days after their releases...still shocked  :O

Once again Universal messed up things once again regarding selling Mike Oldfield stuff...the same story is happening again with this special editions,it's so ridiculous,I haven't had ANY SORT OF DECENT compesation regarding my non-numbered TB UE and had to pay a lot of money with these so ultra special limited deluxe editions for Ommadawn and Hergest Ridge - no discount was offered for me. If I was still living in Brazil,I'm sure I'd be on the same boat as many of you who haven't recieved it...

For the next reissues' batch - please be simple and leave this limited edition thingie away or make it properly for everybody,like the 2,000 limited signed edition of Schiller's Atemlos album, which featured the artwork in canvas, personally numbered and signed by Christopher von Deylen and it was sold at Amazon.de - I haven't heard of any problems regarding that - great packing btw!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Elf Offline

Posted: July 27 2010, 12:55

If I don't receive my package until the end of next week, I will tell Universal to stuff it and ask for my money back.

Then I will download the 5.1 surround mixes for free online. The music industry only have themselves to blame.
Profile PM 

Posted: July 27 2010, 16:03

Quote (Elf @ July 27 2010, 17:55)
If I don't receive my package until the end of next week, I will tell Universal to stuff it and ask for my money back.

Some spaniards have just asked for their money back!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Atane Offline

Posted: July 29 2010, 11:43

Here is the dialogue between me and the Universal Support.
These mails have been sent and received between The 24th of July and today.
The first one is an answer to the e-mail: 'Your items are on their way:

You liars !!

Items are on their way?? Are you kidding??

It's happening again!!!
Last year you stole me by selling me a ''Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells Box Set signed and numbered''.
You sold it to Amazon.uk, and you dared telling me it had been lost! Were you already kidding??
Then you sent me a un-numbered signed edition of this Tubular Bells box set !! You lied !!

Now you tell me my parcels have been on their way 1 MONTH AGO??!!!??
Are you kidding again?

And now? What else?
I'm sure you'll propose me a refund! I don't want my money back, I WANT THE ITEMS I PAID FOR !!!!

How can you call yourself a serious online seller!

Sent this e-mail to your manager!!
And to your manager's manager !!

This is not acceptable!

This is stealing customers!!!

Antoine R.
Karin L.

(furious).

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your message.

We have looked into this matter for you and we're sorry to say that if your order has not reached you by now then it is most likely been lost in the post.

Your order was shipped using a Europe standard service which usually takes about 6 working days to arrive, but on occasion may take up to 21 days.

This is the postal address you provided us to send your order to and how it would have appeared on the address label:

Mrs KARIN L.
PARIS
France

Can you please confirm that this is correct?

Thanks,
Universal Music

Hi!
The adress is correct!

You lied saying these items existed!
You sold items which don't exist!!
We're dozens on various Mike Oldfield Newsgroups for whom '' it is most likely been lost in the post''
This is impossible! This is unbelievable!

Don't send me a refund!!
I want my items!
Getting a refund is definitely NOT an acceptable option. You got my money since end of April, so the least that i would expect is getting a compensation for accrued interest. As well as a confirmation of your local post that the items were lost on post. I am sure that Universal must have some receipt. Or is the "being lost on post" maybe only an excuse for the incompetence of Universal? Or maybe only one more lie from you!

I want your managers to be sent this e-mail !!

It's been ONE YEAR since you've been lying to me!
I had exactly the same experience last year with the Tubular Bells limited edition sold by Universal

You're taking the easy way out and i won't accept that!!

I'm looking forward to getting a manager's contact address and a proposal for how to find a solution.

A refund is not acceptable
A refund would make your incompetence worse !!

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your message.

We are very sorry that your Limited Editions have not yet arrived, we would advise to possibly wait 1 more week in the event it has been held up in significant postal delays, if it has not arrived by then please let us know.

Thanks,
Universal Music

Stop being sorry!
Send me replacements for this ''lost'' items.

I will wait one more week...hoping this will let you time to find an issue to this pathetic story!

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your message.

As this was sent standard we cannot be certain the reason for non-delivery. Our delivery partners do advise a maximum of 21 days, after which parcels generally have either been lost in the post or held up in the post, such as custom clearances. There is nothing more a Manager can advise you of other than an apology you have not received your order and a refund, of which if the order does show we would appreciate contact made by yourself.

Kind regards,

By the way,

In my previous e-mail, I asked to be in touch with a manager, or with the person who is responsible for all this mess.

I'd like him to explain me why I am asked to wait one more week for items which you declared 2 days ago were lost.

Hope to hear from him (or her) soon !!!

Antoine R.

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your message.

Delivery is an option given to the customer at time of checkout, of which the delivery timeframes are advised of prior to placing the order.

We cannot comment on other customer orders, however more than the majority have received their Limited Edition Boxsets.

Would you like us to proceed with the refund of your order?

Kind regards,

It's seems you enjoy playing with your customer's nerves!!

''What more can a manager do?''

Maybe, he can answer these questions:

**Why paying 80€ per item doesn't imply a registered delivery at least.

**Why did (last year) I pay for a signed + numbered edition of Tubular Bells box set and did I receive a signed-only box set.

**How can all the Oldfield's box sets of this year (Ommadawn + Hergest Ridge) have all been lost when they were sent to so many different countries:
France, Czech Republic, Spain, Germany, Canada, U.S.A...HOW??????????????

**With such an incompetence, how would you want us not to download illegally things you're even able to send to customers who bought them LEGALLY ???

Are you still wondering what a manager's job is??

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your message.

Delivery is an option given to the customer at time of checkout, of which the delivery timeframes are advised of prior to placing the order.

We cannot comment on other customer orders, however more than the majority have received their Limited Edition Boxsets.

Would you like us to proceed with the refund of your order?

Kind regards,

You cannot comment on other customers orders?
I will, then!

Why do you propose me a refund when some of the customers whose parcels have been ''lost'' have been offered replacement items?

I want to talk to a manager !!

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your message.

Due to cancellations we were able to offer a few replacements, we are able to offer a replacement for the Hergest Ridge but will still have to proceed with a refund for the Ommadawn, would you like us to proceed with this?

Kind regards,

Yes.
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 29 2010, 14:18

its like playing lottery with universal...participating costs 85 euros, 50% chance to win jackpot (receiving items in perfect condition in acceptable time), 25% chance to receive items after 1-2 months, 15% chance to receive one of 2 ordered items...10% gets "better luck next time" message and refund only.

in my opinion tb limiteds was handled better...atleast they was able to deliver all orders.

--------------
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
Profile PM 

Posted: July 29 2010, 14:40

Some decent action should be done soon to avoid further disappointment like it was for TB UE...Korgie?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: July 30 2010, 07:45

I've just received replacement HR no: 152 and for Ommadawn I got refund.
I wonder if I will ever get those they sent by that horribly slow mail service.

I'm just listening to it and it's ... just awesome. All instruments are much clearer now. Nice remix, the album deserved it.
Profile PM 
TubularBeach Offline

Posted: July 30 2010, 16:22

Does anybody know how many people did not get their orders?  
When they say "the majority" have received their parcels, what does that mean?
You just get the feeling that they are talking about the mail delivery in countries like Afghanistan!
Hey, you Brits!  Is there anything that can be done to get the media in?

--------------
"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not."
— Sherman Alexie
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net