Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
familyjules Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 10 2010, 06:54

Quote (spark @ June 10 2010, 06:39)
Jules , I agree but he did put Don Alfonso on the Platinum collection .

You never know which way the wind will turn with Mike >

True enough.

I think he definitely chose to leave the comedy numbers off the deluxe album series though, lest they distract from the 'serious' stuff.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 10 2010, 07:21

Quote (Cooper Roy @ June 09 2010, 17:57)
Your'e not from round these parts,are you?
Explains a whole lot,larstangmark...

I understand perfectly well what you're saying. I was just answering your question; no, I can't refrain from discussing every little detail about Mike's early records. I just can't. I can't control myself...   :/

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: June 10 2010, 12:28

Quote (larstangmark @ June 10 2010, 07:21)
Quote (Cooper Roy @ June 09 2010, 17:57)
Your'e not from round these parts,are you?
Explains a whole lot,larstangmark...

I understand perfectly well what you're saying. I was just answering your question; no, I can't refrain from discussing every little detail about Mike's early records. I just can't. I can't control myself...   :/

And is that not the point of forums such as this? :p

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: June 10 2010, 15:37

Order both on Sunday from Amazon.co.uk, both arrived today (Thursday) so no issues there. Also got £2 of free mp3 downloads (actualy fot 2 lots as the children ordered them for me) which is a bargain.
First impressions.
The HR mixes are good
Shame part 1 of Ommadawn is cut short I really like those african drums
Ommadawn part 2, like the treatment of Paddys pipes.
In fact I quite like the Ommadawn mixes, do I prefer to the original? , up to now yes but I love something different.
Currently got the lost Ommadawn on , 30 seconds in and I like it !
The demos of HR are odd - I must have missed that on the numerous times I've looked at the track lists on Amazon (just checked it is there I just missed it, so even more of a suprise !;)
It's all on my iPod now so I'll have a good listen on Friday and Saturday will see the 5.1 mixes previwed
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 11 2010, 04:47

Quote (ingresman @ June 10 2010, 21:37)
Order both on Sunday from Amazon.co.uk, both arrived today (Thursday) so no issues there. Also got £2 of free mp3 downloads (actualy fot 2 lots as the children ordered them for me) which is a bargain.
First impressions.
The HR mixes are good
Shame part 1 of Ommadawn is cut short I really like those african drums
Ommadawn part 2, like the treatment of Paddys pipes.
In fact I quite like the Ommadawn mixes, do I prefer to the original? , up to now yes but I love something different.
Currently got the lost Ommadawn on , 30 seconds in and I like it !
The demos of HR are odd - I must have missed that on the numerous times I've looked at the track lists on Amazon (just checked it is there I just missed it, so even more of a suprise !;)
It's all on my iPod now so I'll have a good listen on Friday and Saturday will see the 5.1 mixes previwed

Hmmmm, looks like we, the people with the deluxe (signed) editions still have to wait.  :p But brilliant that some of us already got the normal cd's!

I did listen to the pieces on the official MO website... I thought they sounded brilliant... more clarity and richer sound on HR and Ommadawn. I also love the reverbs Mike edited in.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 11 2010, 05:02

Whats the hold up with Universal on the non signed deluxe then?
Should I cancel order and go with Amazon   :/
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: June 11 2010, 05:29

Quote (milamber @ June 11 2010, 05:02)
Whats the hold up with Universal on the non signed deluxe then?
Should I cancel order and go with Amazon   :/

If Amazon is cheaper, I would do that.

If not, I'd hang on.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 11 2010, 07:06

where is cheapest deluxes sold?
i try to compare places and play.com has 15.49 euros but dvd.co.uk gets close with 11.95 pounds (+1 pound shipping if ordering outside UK)

both of those beats amazon price atleast if living outside uk.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 11 2010, 08:05

Waiting here for my signed framed edition and no hurry in listening online before I get'em  :cool:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: June 11 2010, 13:18

MY SIGNED LD HR & OMM STATUS HAS CHANGED TO ' IN PROGRESS ' !!!!!!!!!!!!! ...YYYYYIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE !

:)  :D
Profile PM 
alloria Offline

Posted: June 11 2010, 13:33

Both my limited signed editions are "in progress" now as well, a good sign surely! Does this mean that we might get them for the 14th June after all?

--------------
Hergest Ridge Limited Signed Edition Number 225.
Ommadawn Limited Signed Edition Number 236.
Profile PM 
Anaon Offline

Posted: June 11 2010, 16:10

Not mine  :/ I cross my fingers  :O

--------------
> My music: http://www.spleenarcana.com
> My blog: http://www.awenwoods.com
Profile PM WEB 
Chicular Offline

Posted: June 11 2010, 18:24

Those of you in the UK should visit Amazon.co.uk to purchase your MP3 version of Hergest Ridge 2010.  It's currently on there for £1.99, obviously a mistake on their part.  I've already bought it haha!

PS I've also bought Ommadawn at full price.  I'm not a thief haha...
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: June 12 2010, 01:19

I live in the US and got my set, unexpectedly early... yesterday! :)  

Having now listened to everything, except the Ommadawn Demo, I can safely divulge this thought... BRILLIANT!  AMAZING!  BREATH-TAKING!  Today's indulgence reminded me of why I love music so much!!!  It's quite amazing that one can take something from a reel-to-reel... older than myself, and make it sound more amazing and free than ever before!!!  Scarp, throw out your old copies people, these are the absolutes!  Mind you, the Original Hergest Ridge, in all fairness, was better.  But what we have in the new mix is quite something!  Mike made some small changes, which are quite noticeable, but brilliant!  

A breakdown, HR, excellent... especially the chaotic bit towards the end of Part 2... so much emotion and power and detail emerge from the background!

Ommadawn, there are not words yet invented to describe the detail that is brought to life in this remixing!  I never even knew there were proper drums in Part One, aside from the African Drums.  My jaw remained open for fly's to take full advantage, while I listened to the entirety!  

As for the extra tracks on both sets... I'm very happy to have a proper, non-scratchy, non-record, recording of the Dutch Mix of IDJ!  I like it better than the mix we've come to know, over the years.  The other tracks, I am not that familiar with.  However, they too have brilliant detail and sound!

Final thoughts... If this is any indication of what is to come on the remix landscape... we are all going to have heart-attacks or need some sort of medical attention when we get to Amarok!!!  

... WOW... Mike, Thank You Sir... Thank You!!!
Profile PM 
Cudsie Offline

Posted: June 12 2010, 05:50

I've been in contact with the Universal Music Store to see if they have heard anything about the possibility of a problem with the Ommadawn surround mix.

Unfortunately they couldn't divulge anything as I had bought my product from Amazon so have to use them as a first port of call...however...they did intimate that there could well be a faulty batch!

So I have contacted Amazon UK and they have said they are going to look into it with their suppliers...

Its noteworthy that a number of reviewers on the Amazon website are also picking up on this.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 12 2010, 07:16

After I got an e-mail from Universal to say that Hergest Ridge was on it's way but Ommadawn was still backordered I cancelled the Ommadawn part of the order and ordered it from Amazon instead.

Hergest Ridge arrived yesterday and Ommadawn arrived today, which worked out nicely.

Only annoyance so far is with whoever submitted the CD track info to Gracenote and labeled Ommadawn as "Part One" and "Part One / On Horseback." And what's with "In Dulce Jubilo"?

Anyone else wondering if the Boxed remix of HR will become a rarity now? :)
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: June 12 2010, 09:19

Quote (Mat Cochrane @ June 12 2010, 12:16)
Only annoyance so far is with whoever submitted the CD track info to Gracenote and labeled Ommadawn as "Part One" and "Part One / On Horseback." And what's with "In Dulce Jubilo"?

The tracklising error has been there since the press release, and continued down the line to the CD's.

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofw....7615[B]
Profile PM 
vrooom Offline

Posted: June 12 2010, 10:59

I cancelled my order with Universal last Friday. I had the two deluxe editions on order, but I saw that HMV had them both £2 cheaper with free delivery, so I went with them. They arrived last Wednesday. Very pleased I did it, though it took a while to get a refund after emailing them separately.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 12 2010, 14:31

Y'all wanna know something? Well, the "Original 1974 Stereo Mixes" on disc two of HR Deluxe Edition are taken from the vinyl!! Just listen to the acoustic guitar arpeggio at the start the start of Part 2... lots of hiss... and then at 0:04 - dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum [CLICK] dum... :laugh: :D I think it's sooo very nice, but what the heck, don't they [or doesn't Mike] have the masters of the 1974 mix any longer?? Did they take as their source the vinyl album, as some of us have done? :) They also faded in the start of Part 1... probably for the same reason!! :p

By the way, the "lyrics" in part 2 are: Borla, dee-ena, labato, oncota, dolmonya, oh resto, de cara, ah-ah resta mena. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: June 12 2010, 21:29

"I put it to you, Mr.Oldfield,that a needle drop has been utilised on an otherwise cutting-edge technology Deluxe CD package."

"You try dubbing vinyl to digital on a rocking boat,Your Honour."

"Guilty, Mr.Oldfield?"

;)

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net