Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
leesonar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 07 2010, 14:11

yep simonuk's HR is 350 bux now, thats nearly 5 times the initial price, with 20 minutes to go it could hit 500 bux at this rate.
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: July 07 2010, 14:17

Haven't checked lately, Cooper :)

I guess I need to stop first Japanese tourists I meet here in Helsinki tomorrow and ask - they seem to love the characters, as well.
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 07 2010, 16:05

Quote (leesonar @ July 07 2010, 14:11)
yep simonuk's HR is 350 bux now, thats nearly 5 times the initial price, with 20 minutes to go it could hit 500 bux at this rate.

it ended to around 500 euros....im also planning to sell after i get my package if getting such prices here :P

very good profit..spending 75 pounds and getting 425 pounds. highest offers i seen from tb signed ultimate were somewhere around 200 pounds.

regretting i didnt order more copies :P

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: July 07 2010, 17:38

whaddya reckon:
                     Leckkie-violin for Sis?

or

Simes out on the p**s?

:laugh:

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: July 07 2010, 18:33

Not that it is anyone's business, but I leant my sister £600 towards a new electric violin, after hers was broken at a gig the other week. She has been a big Oldfield fan since 73 (she has an original black & white label T. Bells from its 1st release in 73 & has collected his music since, & got me into collecting Mikes stuff in 79 when I was old enough to appreciate his music). She is gutted to have parted with this limited edition, but playing music is her living & when needs must...  
I bought a copy of each of the limited editions of HR & Omm as soon as they went on sale that I will not be parting with, having a complete collection on vinyl, CD VHS, & DVD, as well as many promos & imports. I bought only 1 of each as I appreciate the joy of collecting Mikes music, & would not take the opportunity of buying 1 away from someone else by buying multiple copies, like some people have said they have done on this thread. It makes no odds to me what anyone on here thinks of me, so I have no reason to lie, & do not appreciate anyone suggesting otherwise.

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
Automorph Offline

Posted: July 07 2010, 19:21

Not that SimonUK needs mine or anyone else's approval, but I accept what he says, sympathise with his sister's situation and congratulate his good fortune.

And this is despite me posting earlier on this thread, expressing how disappointed I was with my missing out on getting the ltd HR and Ommadawn from MO's shop before they sold out.  I was frustrated at my missing the release news on this forum. I had a period recently where work just didn't give me the time or opportunity to check this forum every month, let alone every day!  Maybe I haven't sussed out yet if there is a convenient email news digest thingy..

But I was also frustrated with the selfish mentality of some collectors who actually buy more than one copy for themselves - for example, as I read on the TB Ultimate thread last year, one to play and one to keep pristine and forever unopened and unplayed (presumably kept in a hermetically sealed room, more free of contaminants than a computer chip lab).  And this is where I share SimonUK's sentiments about this practice - particularly when the practice is admitted and talked about as if perfectly justifiable,and particularly when similar avid collectors on this forum now talk about seeing the eBay prices and looking to buy even more copies in future with the sole aim of turning a profit.

As I said in my earlier post, I felt very lucky to get a signed TB Ultimate, but I really wanted the other two as well. The first 3 MO albums are my favourites, have been since I first heard them in the 70s, and Ommadawn is the top of ALL my favourite albums by any artist - the one album I would take to a desert island.  

So...I have since felt compelled to go the eBay route.  No, SimonUK, I'm  not quite wealthy enough to be your particular benefactor (or your sister's to be precise)!  But I love these albums so much I really wanted these editions.  The sellers I bought them off had plausible sounding and sympathetic enough reasons for sale other than just making a quick buck.  In fact I had some nice exchanges of emails with them and they sounded like genuine fans.  And even if the more cynical of you say those reasons could still have been stories, then I'm still more sympathetic to them in that they made those copies available for me, rather than the obsessives who sit on two or more copies just for themselves.

Rant over.  My argument and logic is probably not airtight I know (unlike those collectors' duplicate copies), but I needed to get it off my chest whilst showing some support for SimonUK

So, nice one SimonUK.  You'll have to let us know where we can next see your sister performing - it'll be cool to watch and think it's been in part made possible by Hergest Ridge!
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: July 07 2010, 20:13

Thanks for your kind words Automorph. Sorry to hear you did not manage to get the ltd editions. I was lucky, I happened to check the site 1 night & they had just gone on sale. Sign up for newsletters from Universal & hopefully they will email about future ltd. editions. Cant wait for Incantations & QE2 especially!
As for what you say about people buying 1 copy to play & 1 to store I agree it is selfish & unnecessary. In the days of vinyl  & tape all you needed to do was record it to a top quality tape then store the vinyl, & nowadays I just put CDs onto my ipod & play that so my CDs dont get scratched.
As for my sis, her gigs for the rest of the month are:
17 Jul Saddleworth Festival Hiring Fair, Yorkshire
22 Jul Skelton Folk Club Cleveland
23 Jul The Station Loftus. Support to Vin Garbutt
24 & 25 Jul Hardraw Gathering, Hawes, N Yorks
She writes her own material & won the 2006 BBC songwriter of the year award for Yorkshire. Shame she has never been signed to a label.

--------------
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: July 08 2010, 05:47

It is now 2 weeks since I received the 'Your parcel was sent' e-mail.
Still waiting for this parcel...:(
Anyone else?

PS: I live in France.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: July 08 2010, 06:16

Quote (Atane @ July 08 2010, 05:47)
Anyone else?

Me too (Sweden).

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: July 08 2010, 07:48

That is a long time. Most packets to mainland Europe (EU) take around 5-7 days. I would contact Universal if I were you & find out if they sent them when they say they have, & see if there is any tracking number. I hope they arrive soon for you

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 08 2010, 08:00

An early pre order page here would be great.
Anyone wanting signed editions could sign up (1 each) and the order sent en masse to Universal prior to public sale .
Is this possible?
Profile PM 
Anaon Offline

Posted: July 08 2010, 08:38

Quote (Atane @ July 08 2010, 06:47)
Anyone else?

Same here, from France too.

--------------
> My music: http://www.spleenarcana.com
> My blog: http://www.awenwoods.com
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 08 2010, 10:25

Just got it here in Switzerland...

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: July 08 2010, 19:46

Simon. I must have missed you putting your SOH on e-Bay then...fail to reach its reserve bid, perchance?  ;)

At least your Avatar kept his.  :p

Orl Va Bist

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Posted: July 09 2010, 03:21

Quote (SimonUK @ July 08 2010, 07:48)
I would contact Universal if I were you & find out if they sent them when they say they have.

I did.
The answer was: ''we won't take any complaint into account before 21 days after the parcel was sent.''

Good job, Universal!   :(
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: July 09 2010, 07:08

Simon, Was your sister not insured ?
If I can add my small comment about selling on Ebay, it's no worse that ticket touts ordering loads of tickets and selling them to desperate fans outside of gigs. It's the free market economy Mrs Thatcher left us !
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 09 2010, 08:04

not arrived today so earliest they could arrive is next monday here...which will make it atleast 18 days since sent.

i should quote this comment from elsewhere:

I have just received my signed copies. Very very bad packaging!!!

so wondering what kind is this "new" packaging they use...

--------------
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: July 09 2010, 09:03

Appologies Cooper Roy - thought people were having a go. I buy Mikes releases to enjoy them, not make a profit. Loving many sections of the new HR  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
mountie926 Offline

Posted: July 09 2010, 12:25

Quote (Atane @ July 08 2010, 05:47)
Anyone else?

Deluxe Edition of Hergest Ridge: sent around June 10
Limited Edition of Ommadawn: sent around June 25

Nothing arrived yet in Ottawa, Canada.
Ordered something else in the UK after June 10; arrived one week later.

I hope the shipments didn't end up on a ship to the new world. With all the complaints I am reading about Universal I can expect anything.

Cheers,
mountie
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: July 10 2010, 09:30

got this kind email today even though i havent sent any complaint..yet.

Thanks for your recent order xxxxxxx.

We understand that you may have had a bad experience with us. Please accept our apologies for that.

We're as passionate about service as we are about music and while we have to accept that things sometimes can and will go wrong, we're always looking to improve

--------------
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net