Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: How to reinitialize an Emu Proteus2000?, anyone know?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 03:02

Hi. Can anyone tell me how to reinitialize an Emu Proteus2000 rack synth? Usually its some combination of buttons held down while powering up, but I could not find it in the manual. Thanks,
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Bleat Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 11:16

Strangely enough I recently got an E-Mu Proteus Keys Synth and in not any part of the manual does it say how to re-initialise it......very strange.....
I love the random placing of patches approach they use too......im just overwriting the dire sounds with my own random patches instead heh.

:cool:
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 14:55

plug it into an iphone and select from the iphone menu - Initialise Proteus.   That usually works.

:D  :D

you should call E-MU in Scotland and ask them.  I know some old musicians/synth nuts - who may know if you cant find anything on the web - but i'll have to make some calls - let me know if you don't get any answers on the web.

Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 15:47

I have a digital multimeter which seems to include all functions including, I suspect, the ability to alter the phase of the moon at will...I bet that has a Proteus reinitialising function somewhere too...

But seriously...I don't own one of them, so I can't say if this works or not, but the procedure described here sounds believable.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 20:16

Quote (Korgscrew @ Feb. 27 2008, 20:47)
I have a digital multimeter which seems to include all functions including, I suspect, the ability to alter the phase of the moon at will...I bet that has a Proteus reinitialising function somewhere too...

Ahh, back in my days working for Tandy, I remember that item Korg. However, I seem to recall a good rubber bat was the best tool for an EMU, or else sticking your hand up it's back side.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 01:01

For those of you who own one of these jewels, I found out how to do it:
How to Reinitialize a Proteus 2000 Family Module:

Note: Reinitializing the Proteus 2000 family module will overwrite the RAM with factory preset data. Make sure to backup any custom presets.

1. Power off the module.
  2. Hold both cursor keys (arrow keys) down while turning on the power. Continue holding the cursor keys until the unit boots up in the diagnostic text menu.
  3. Stop holding down the cursor keys and turn the data wheel to the right until Initialize User Data is displayed.
  4. Press the Home/Enter button twice.
  5. When Calibrate Knobs is displayed, press Home/Enter twice and follow the directions to calibrate the knobs.
  6. When Reboot is displayed, press Home/Enter twice to reboot the module.

The preset information should be reset to the factory defaults.

I found it on Emu's site......duh!
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 16:05

I'm sorry but you avtar name appear to be malfuntioning - It reads scatterplot not Scatterbrain!

Although you could say why didn't we think of that!!

It was fun looking for you answer though - at least I now know what a EMU is, but I also found out that they lay green eggs!!!!

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 03:54

Gosh, Korgscrew  had the answer in front of me and I did not see it. How silly I am.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
7 replies since Feb. 27 2008, 03:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net