Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: how quick, how fat can you find the rings< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
torbenyj Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 21 2003, 05:13

Hello

Just a thought. How can "you" find the rings a make it to rebirth. My record is 18 min
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: April 21 2003, 18:21

mine... 10:45:03  :p  :D  joking... actually i've never cared to time my trips...
if u asked me, i'd tell u... relax and forget time inside mvr. just my thought.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: April 24 2003, 06:06

OK, let's assume you're in a real hurry to meet the kitty fairy in rainbow world and, just for curiosity, ignore that this is not the way this game was meant to be played, and you're missing almost all of the good parts...
The 'standard' path through Turtle Island, due to the several predefined sequences (seagull, snake, ray back, horses, rebirth) cannot be done much faster than approx. 7:10 (well, maybe ~7:00, if you're really fast) from start to end of rebirth tunnel (been there, done that - where's my T-shirt? :p ).
A faster 'non-standard' path that mostly depends on personal skills would be to skip turtle island completely, but instead pick the rings from the blue insect, the piano/rings game and (as last) the red ant, which will have only the ant-stampede and rebirth tunnel as predefined sequences (still have to beat the 7:10 this way, due to my lousy score for the blue insect).
Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
paul@mikeoldfield.org
Unregistered

Posted: April 24 2003, 07:57

I like the idea of this alternative path, but I am intrigued how do you get the ring from the red ant?  And what is this blue insect that you refer to?

Cheers

Paul
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: April 24 2003, 11:28

The blue insect is the one that is buzzing around the cactus and the golden trees at the origin, carrying a golden ring on its back.
The only way to get the ring from the red ant seems to be to make it the seventh ring, so the final rebirth tunnel takes over before you can get punished.
Andreas

P.S.: just managed an immediate hit on the blue bug, which took me to the kitty fairy in 5:10...and now back to relaxing..
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since April 21 2003, 05:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net