Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: How many times can you register with the key?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cinos Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 12:09

I'd seriously hate to purchase the key and then not be able to run the game on a second computer, if I purchase a new one someday...

What file marks the game as registered? If I took a back-up copy of that file and then placed it into the directory again on a new computer, that'd eliminate the need for the code, yes? Or a registration key...

So: anybody who has answers to question one and/or two?
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 14:19

Quote (Cinos @ Sep. 27 2005, 12:09)
I'd seriously hate to purchase the key and then not be able to run the game on a second computer, if I purchase a new one someday...

i think this shouldn't stop u to purchase the key. i've never had that problem myself and i've had two different computers since tr3s lunas was released. when i changed the old for a new one, i could reinstall tr3s lunas again. i didn't have to copy and past any file or anything, just reinstalled the game, registered again and it worked.

hope this helps.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 17:17

Quote (maria @ Sep. 27 2005, 19:19)

i think this shouldn't stop u to purchase the key. i've never had that problem myself and i've had two different computers since tr3s lunas was released. when i changed the old for a new one, i could reinstall tr3s lunas again. i didn't have to copy and past any file or anything, just reinstalled the game, registered again and it worked.

hope this helps.

If the key does run out (I think it allows two installations), all it takes is an email to Colin and he will reset it for you (as he has done for me, twice already).
Profile PM 
Cinos Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 02:23

Quote (Alan D @ Sep. 27 2005, 17:17)
Quote (maria @ Sep. 27 2005, 19:19)

hope this helps.

If the key does run out (I think it allows two installations), all it takes is an email to Colin and he will reset it for you (as he has done for me, twice already).

Ahh, good. Thanks. Going to purchase the key today, then.  :)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 04:45

Quote (Cinos @ Sep. 28 2005, 07:23)
Going to purchase the key today, then.

See you in an online game sometime soon, I hope? Cheers.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Sep. 27 2005, 12:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net