Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: how i started to hear mike oldfield. nice story! tell what you think p< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
gargar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 24 2002, 14:19

so, you ask me how i discaverd mike oldfield?? that's a nice story!! i was in the mall shopping for all sorts of stuff when suddenly the mall radio started playing moonlight shadow!!! i was hearing this song a lot on the radio before but couldn't find the name!!! and i really like the song! really!! so i was hurried into the offices of the mall and into the radio station there and screamed at them "what's the name of the song and the artist?!? tell me or i'll KILL YOU ALL!!! well, after i got them convinced i'm a crazy madman that just got out of 20 years in jail they told me everything and i run out of the offices straight into tower records (there was one at the mall) and asked them if they have the album which moonlight shadow taken from. they told me "yes" i told them "wow" they asked me if i want it i said "yes!!!give it to me!! i'm searching it for all of my life!!!" and so, i got out of the mall with a brand new shining copy of crisis and run straight into home to listen to it. i though it was kinda weird at the begining but soon i was starting to like this kind of music. and from that beautiful day i started to hear mike oldfield. he is one of the "holy trio" which consist of the cranberries, roxette and of course oldfield.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 02 2002, 04:04

wow
If only I had such a cool story. My dad had some records of mike's for ages and I liked them, but when we bought the Tubular Bells II/III DVD I really started listening to him, and now I'm waiting for the last two albums we need to arrive.
If opnly I ever heard mike on the radio!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: April 02 2002, 04:32

gargar wrote: so i was hurried into the offices of the mall and into the radio station there and screamed at them "what's the name of the song and the artist?!? tell me or i'll KILL YOU ALL!!! well, after i got them convinced i'm a crazy madman that just got out of 20 years in jail they told me everything

I love that bit smile. There's some great imagery there wink. And all because of Moonlight Shadow. (Although I shouldn't say anything, refamiliarising myself with Mike's music because of someone looking for a version of the William Tell Overture)
Profile PM WEB 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: April 02 2002, 14:41

I'm impressed by the 'holy' triumvirate! I have never given thought to just how wide and diverse Mike's fan base is - but to mention him in the same sentence as Roxette and the Cranberries is remarkable!

Normally, one would list Vangelis, Jarre (other instrumentalists) or Floyd, Yes (symphonic rock). Very refreshing to see something different! biggrin

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: May 11 2002, 01:09

somehow I think you saying i'll kill you all is made up. if you said that to the store manager you would proably get arrested.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Mar. 24 2002, 14:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net