Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: How I love this album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
jeremyroberts Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 20 2005, 17:24

My oh my!

Ok guys, I stop the ranting about L+S. So many bad things to say, not enough words. LOL just outrageously sarcastic here.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE "Discovery". What do I love so much in DISCOVERY?

Sound of the drums. Simon Phillips is the king of the drums. The best British drummer in the world actually! And a damn good producer/engineer. The best producer for Mike, I think.

Sound of the synths. Don't know which ones were used, but they're perfectly balanced with the other instruments, and the sounds fit so well with the songs... Mike had perfect ears while recording Discovery.

Melodies and lyrics. That's what defines a song: the melody and the lyrics. And the songs on Discovery are beautiful songs for me.

All this is just my opinion anyway.

:)
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 20 2005, 17:31

I know it's illegal, but I agree!  :)

The lake tops it all off, the best song orientated album, would Crises count as song orientated? Even if it is this is still my favourite song-orientated album.

I'm counting song orientated as having the majority of tracks containing lyrics like Islands, not Five Miles out *confusing!!*

Anyway, a great album indeed  :cool:

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
1 replies since Oct. 20 2005, 17:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net