Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: How do you exit the sequences?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 26 2002, 09:04

I have played all 6 sequences starting from the ring-head gates, as I like to call them. smile But how do you exit those sequences and return to the main gameplace? I only managed to get out of the White Owl sequence by shooting a snowball into a moonshadow [doesn't this sound like a song? hehehehehe smile], and I escaped from that dark place where the bats led me by shooting one of the barriers blocking the windows. Is there a way to get out of the other sequences? (i.e. for example: how do you get back to the cactus after flyin' with the firebirds?) Please answer me. smile

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 26 2002, 09:29

After the firebirds, you get to the morphin' baby. This baby gives you a UFO and you fly with it into the volcano. In the volcano there are these little green things flying around (they make a funny noise). Shoot them and you get back.

Hopes this helps. But maybe there is more to do in the volcano, I don't know. I also know how to get back from the other sequences, but I have to know which one you mean. smile

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 26 2002, 12:02

As far as I can see you have to shoot the strange yellowy things that make the funny noise to get out of all the caverns including the snow cavern. Did you travel back up the snow cavern and discover the snowman? Cool music. Also {off topic} does anybody out there know if the dolphin/shark sequence music is on the album? Thats also amazing. I'm so impressed with all the music in the game, its way better than I expected it to be.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 26 2002, 17:29

Where is the morphin' baby, Dolphin? I didn't get it. confused

--------------
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 26 2002, 19:07

The morphin baby/flying saucer sequence is through one of the 3 ring gates, I think the far right one of the set that is behind you and to the left of where you start. As for the dolphin sequence here's how I do it.
Start game
First ring: on the beach inside shell

Second ring: hanging on a branch in the ring tree

Third ring: Dropped from the sky and lands just down from the ring tree under cactus guarded by scorpion. {just like the demo} You then have to fly through the sprite that appears and then through the mermaid under the stonehenge like thing. A seagull will then fly you to an island {great sequence} leading to the fourth ring. After that go for the white snake {not the red one} and he will take you to the dolphins. There is also a shark you can swim with but don't go to close. Hope this is of some help and has'nt ruined it to much for you.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 26 2002, 19:56

There is also another way to get to the dolphins. At the origin, go to the water, there you will find a green port. Enter it and you will go to the forest. In the forest enter another port. There you will get to the canyon. (there is another way to go to the canyon, but this one is the quickest)...

Anyway, travel through the canyon, go past the arrows and indians, then you will find a waterfall. Behind the waterfall there is a waterhole. Enter it and you'll swim with the dolphins. smile

How did you get to the snow cavern, TOBY?

Also, does somebody know how to get to the daliphant!!??

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 27 2002, 08:20

TOBY: Thanx a lot. In the meantime I have seen the whole firebirds/morphin' baby scene, and I found it really wonderful. smile wink
How do I get the ring in the shell? Do I have to shoot it? smile

Blue Dolphin: Thanx for the tip about the dolphins sequence... I got to the waterfall yesterday, but I did not know that there was something behind it... smile...
Anyway, to get in the snowy tunnel, fly through the first ring-head (left one) in the right-side series of ring-heads... not the one near the space portal, the other one. smile That ring-head will make the White Owl fly, and it, in its own turn, will tale you into the snowy tunnel, which features a great guitar piece (IMHO).

P.S.: I think I'll follow TOBY's road to get to the dolphins. Looks like it's more playful than the other one. wink

--------------
Profile PM 
Dali Offline

Posted: May 27 2002, 09:26

Hi all,

The key to returning from the sequences is given by Mike in the promotional video.
There he talks about the 'fireflies' which are important in the game. Alltough I only saw them at the end of the sequences, these fireflies are indeed important - they get you back to the Origin. Come close to the fireflies and shoot them. They are somewhere and the end of each sequence.

Dali
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 27 2002, 17:40

Oh, the owl in the tunnel is the snowtunnel! I already discovered that...

Thanks anyway Ugo. smile

But does somebody know how to get to the daliphant???

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 00:02

Wow! There's soooo much I haven't seen yet and i've been playing for HOURS and olny got two rings - from playing ring game by going through the red rock and the piano game. Have swam with the dolphins, seen moon sequence, bat sequence and morpihn baby and much more - but still only 2 rings :-(
I'll have to look into the shell and look for the ring tree ;-)

BTW...in the ring-gate sequence I am shot into space on an arrow the third time and end up on a stange space ship thingy with pyramids but I cannot exit from it. Anyone know how?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 00:02

Wow! There's soooo much I haven't seen yet and i've been playing for HOURS and olny got two rings - from playing ring game by going through the red rock and the piano game. Have swam with the dolphins, seen moon sequence, bat sequence and morpihn baby and much more - but still only 2 rings :-(
I'll have to look into the shell and look for the ring tree ;-)

BTW...in the ring-gate sequence I am shot into space on an arrow the third time and end up on a stange space ship thingy with pyramids but I cannot exit from it. Anyone know how?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 28 2002, 01:15

the arrow takes u to the ship but u should just be able to fly away from it towards the planets and stuff.....

----

can someone tell me how to get to the piano game? i cant figure it out...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 05:38

Well, I did the piano game once, but couldn't tell you HOW ! But it was cool, great music.

It seems to me that the controls are somehow imprecise, ie to get the ring in the shell by the beach it's sometimes very hard and sometime easy. And once I got completly stuck into the shell, it took me several minutes to get out of it !!!

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 05:45

timshen --> When you are shot into space with the arrow, and you land on the spaceship, you can fly around in space. Go to the planet where you came from (blue planet). There is a rose flying around. When you get to the rose, it automatically takes you back to the origin. smile Cool, innit?

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 08:35

Dolphin: sorry for insistin', but I can't understand this. Am I supposed to DRIVE the spaceship to get to the planets? [And if so, is there a cockpit/piloting board hidden somewhere?? smile] Or is there some way to leave it & fly towards the planets? confused

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 28 2002, 11:28

no...the arrow should take you just above the spaceship and you should just be able to fly by yourself towards the planets

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 13:40

I think slower computer processors have difficulty at the space sequence. At first I could not seem to leave the space ship and the stars around the ship seemed to be enfused with a black barrier. However, when I aimed at the planets I could see in the diatance and kept my left mouse button down for some time I slowly moved. Then the planets dissapeared and reappeared near to me. Then I could go and make music and finally go back via a burning rose - really cools.

Thanks guys for your help - must get a more powerful computer - generally it's OK but a bit jerky sometimes (I have a 466 celeron processor - below the min. specs recommended. But I still love the game!)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
16 replies since May 26 2002, 09:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net