Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: horseback?, All pets< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 21 2010, 13:39

I was holding Eddy today. We played with his toys. And I realised, as I said "I'd rather be with you than flying through space" a MO moment. Not just for horses but all pets. Agreed? He said "yes"
Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 21 2010, 14:55

Agreed. Pets can provide some incredible comfort.

Last year we had some bad news as a family. One of my sons was very upset and crying on the sofa. Our dog (Yes that one! Misty) jumped up and started to lick him - not something she would usually do. It was just a classic moment of affection which did all the right things and helped him start to cope....

The straightforward and genuine comfort of a dog or beer, cheese and horseriding vs. the false comforts of "city and noise", that's what "On horseback" means to me.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2010, 15:47

Absolutely pets are a great comfort indeed. I don't know what I'd do with out my Boston Terrier and two cats. I'd never really thought of the Horsie song that way but they will be in my mind the next time I listen to it.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2010, 17:06

I love my cats more than anything. Sadly, one of them passed away in december so there's just one kitty left. And I don't think he wants a new friend (he's 20 years old!;). Otherwise we would adopt a new cat.
I'd love to be "on horseback" but horses are just to big. What if I fall on and get trampled on? A frightening prospect.
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2010, 18:47

animals are the best... I have two elegant black cats ( brothers ) and a lovely 2 year old Border terrier. They each have great characters, and all are sensitive to emotions and well being in people and each other curiously enough! One of the cats was making a bit of a scene while he coughed up a fur ball the other day and the dog, Ruby, rushed over to him and licked his ears as if to say ' it's ok, you're alright I'm here! '...

and one cat is ever so aware of sadness or illness, and will just come and sit with you when things are not right...how do they know this?

I could never live without my animals, they listen to you, they never judge you, they want to be with you and I think a child learns a lot from loving an animal.

Hoping for Ruby to have puppies this year, she'll be a lovely little mum, not sure if i can let them go when it's time though..I could end up with many many dogs!!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2010, 06:22

Pets are family to me. I have 3 loving, playful and yes thoughtful too. When I have flu or feel off they just know and take turns watching over me in bed. I love riding horses. Nothing beats a gallop on the beach bare back with the wind in my hair. Trail riding is relaxing too. Deb
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 22 2010, 06:38

Offtopic from "On Horseback" I know, but thinking about pet dogs in particular, the UK BBC TV science series Horizon recently produced an interesting program about the relationship between dogs and humans. Looks like someone has put it on youtube in chunks if you want to take a look. First chunk is here with a playlist here if you want to see them all.

Mans best friend indeed!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2010, 08:41

I've always loved cats.Unfortunately i'm not allowed one in my flat.To be honest it wouldn't be fair on the cat as i'm not at home that much and as i live on the first floor the poor moggy would be couped up all day.One consolation is when i go to see my kids they have several.One of which has always made a point of coming and sitting on my lap the minute i sit down.She looks just like Felix from the Felix cat food ads.Last night she woke up saw me and made a beeline straight for me.When she was a kitten she'd jump up from the arm of the chair and climb up me to sit on my shoulder like a parrot.I could walk all round the house with her and she'd be quite happy there!
 You're right about them being sensitive to human emotions.I don't know how they do it but if you're down they just know.Very odd.I miss having them around so when i move i'm going to have to find a place on the ground floor where i can have one.Great animals to have round.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2010, 21:24

Quote (larstangmark @ Jan. 21 2010, 22:06)
I love my cats more than anything. Sadly, one of them passed away in december so there's just one kitty left. And I don't think he wants a new friend (he's 20 years old!;). Otherwise we would adopt a new cat.
I'd love to be "on horseback" but horses are just to big. What if I fall on and get trampled on? A frightening prospect.
Lars T

Our cat is coming up to 20 years old as well,and we also have a dog who will be three this year.Unfortunatly they don`t really get on.Not that that they fight at all,they just kind of eye each other up every now and then until one of them feels somewhere vaguely superior enough to walk away..."Don`t mess with me,I`m not interested"

The cat`s going a bit deaf of late.And when she`s sleeping no matter how much noise you make,she has no idea that you`re anywhere near her until you touch her.Which invaraibly then makes her jump about three feet in the air,which in turn scares the living crap out of everybody.She had three litters when she was younger,but rarely manages as far as the garden gate these days.After I`ve been on nightshift she often lies in bed with me all day.I`ll wake up 6-7 hours later and she`ll be in the exact same position as when I went to sleep.Could`nt be on with the dog up there as well though as she`s the complete opposite,and barely stays still for a moment.When she comes away on camping trips with us you`ll wake up with her inside your sleeping bag licking your face.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2010, 03:06

The only thing I can say about Eddy...When I was a kid around 12-14, my dad had retired from the AF. As one of his degries was in agriculture(the other engineering), he rented a 52 acre plot of land and raised about 75 cows. That seemed to be his old-age dream. There were dogs......we loved them. They would chase along us in the countryside. 2010: The best of the best, Eddy. My dad along with all the rest long dead years ago. No place for Eddy to go without garbage and cig butts everywhere. And a mexican behind every tree. So sad. You know what? As life here is so depressing, I think the best thing for Tubular.net is for me to separate from it. I do not foresee much happening in this wasteland called Austin, Tx. And my news can only be depressing. I will try and make a life for me and Eddy. As it is quite ugly and depressing in this region of the world, Goodbye. I will now try and delete my account at tubular.net. You poeple need happiness. I'm  defecating on that with this hell called Austin. Goodbye and good luck.
A once freind, Jimbo(but some will embrace my departure)

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2010, 04:05

I am trying to delete my account. I've tried My Control Panel and all other buttons. How do you delete yourself from Tubular.net??? Please............let me go. Admin....delete Scatterplot. Do it. Ok? This should be an easy thing to do.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2010, 04:58

Do you know how fucking hard it is to leave this web site? Or webbie as some call it? They haunt you......hound you. Won't let you go. I think I am stuck here. Forever. Whether I want it or not! Once you are a Tubularian, your not allowed to leave. Oh well. Mike....I'm still here. And they kicked me out at post #666! for 5 days!
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2010, 12:46

C'mon Jim, we all love you on here, right guys? Oh dear, we must get Silver Negus on this thread to convice you to stay.
Profile PM 
12 replies since Jan. 21 2010, 13:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net