Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Holy playbackvideo, mama mia< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 31 2005, 21:50

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S89MT7DAVOHP0SCENXD61L9UR

this was quite rare i think. Playback, with mike and Adrian Belew on "vocals". This makes me wonder again.... WHY mike do this? PLAYBACK?? I know he have done that with "Man in the rain" too, and this. Is it more? Sure it must be... I think it's absolutely idiotic to play playback, but but..... hmmmmmmmmmm...... (puh..!!;)
This is surely a rare video, i have never seen this before. I think its first time i ever have seen "live" from earth moving.

This is alos available to download on emule. The link is ---->

ed2k://|file|Mike%20Oldfield%20-%20Holy%20(Tv%20ZDF)playback.mpg|32821252|880A76631483BD00C8F112C8A80EE7C9|h=7RUOJABZ32WK53IQH5QNQRX6EEO5ECKE|/

:)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 01 2005, 03:03

Well, it's a TV show - guess it depends on the station's and hosts's preferences. If you have a show with 10-odd acts presenting a single song each, you may think it's too much effort to do a proper soundmix for each to play live.
I've seen another TV show video where he plays 'Arrival' with Anita on vocals - also full playback.
Don't know about the musicians either, besides Mike and Adrian - maybe Mike didn't have a proper live crew at that time (didn't tour with 'Earth Moving'), and the ones we see here are just 'fill-ins'?
Noticed that Mike' guitar has a broken string? Not that it matters much, not being plugged in..
Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 08 2006, 06:51

Quote (a_r_schulz @ Nov. 01 2005, 03:03)
Well, it's a TV show - guess it depends on the station's and hosts's preferences. If you have a show with 10-odd acts presenting a single song each, you may think it's too much effort to do a proper soundmix for each to play live.
I've seen another TV show video where he plays 'Arrival' with Anita on vocals - also full playback.
Don't know about the musicians either, besides Mike and Adrian - maybe Mike didn't have a proper live crew at that time (didn't tour with 'Earth Moving';), and the ones we see here are just 'fill-ins'?
Noticed that Mike' guitar has a broken string? Not that it matters much, not being plugged in..

It was performed during Peters Pop Show on German TV in 1989. The reason for not performing live was the vast amount of artist featured on the show. Way too many to have them all set up for live performance.

Mikes group also consisted of Anita Hegerland on Vocals, Phil Spalding on bass, Geoff Downes of Buggles, Yes and Asia fame on keyboards and a drummer, whom I donĀ“t know.
Profile PM 
Fram Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 08 2006, 07:43

He did something similar on Belgian TV (around 1987-88), when he played at the Diamond Awards, with Anita "performing" Moonlight Shadow and Innocent. While I seem to remember that it was playback (I have only seen it then, and have forgotten most of it), it did contain an unreleased version of Moonlight Shadow (i.e. sung  by Anita), which will probably never be released officially, as Mike doesn't like to be reminded of his Anita period apparently.

--------------
Knowledge is a curse, but ignorance is worse
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 10 2006, 10:57

I have videos of Mike playing playback events (all on tv shows) of Islands, North Point, The Time Has Come, Sentinel, and Tattoo. I think the only one I've seen on a tv show that wasn't was the TB3 tracks on Later.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Oct. 31 2005, 21:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net